MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion wild fires in Texas..anyone affected?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sixgun911 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sixgun911

anyone in the path..or affected by the wildfires? And if your off grid near them what are your plans?

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

I live smack dab in the middle of where the fires burned, fortunately the fires burned all around us but not through where I live, the fires are still burning but most of them are backfires set by the fire departments to control the bigger fires.

There was a lot of damage, a lot of homes, buildings, livestock and wild animals lost, we have had lots of volunteers come out to fight the fires and do cleanup, we are so thankful for them. :)

We were without power for a little over 24 hours, the phones were also affected, my internet was down for over 2 weeks. I’m off grid so power wasn’t a problem, but not having the internet was a problem.

We were able to save our neighbor’s food in his fridge, we hooked up 3-100 foot heavy duty extension cords to our power and plug in the fridge, if we hadn’t done that we would have lost everything in the fridge, the chest freezer stayed frozen with no problems.

Wretha

sixgun911

Wow….What a shame. BUT Im glad it worked out for you as well as it did.I own some land in culberson county, but its vacant. A nearby ranch that does wild game hunts had some damage, but I didnt get many details. Hopefully for you and all around you, get past this. I live in the midwest and get so little details or news from that area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.