Media Workers and TV Researchers - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion want to start a village

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    beast
    Participant

so how many people are in your group ladyapril?
    maybe we can start working something out

ladyapril
    Participant

The size of the group I have seems to be growing by the week, there seems to be 2 reactions when i say I am going off grid reaction 1: “your crazy” reaction 2: “take me with you”. I have 5 in the main group, but I have a lot more who would join me if I do this right– I am doing lots of research and planning–I am doing fundraising and saving right now– But I am interested in a co-own(not against it)— email me at ladyapril777@gmail.com–so we can talk further?–

ladyapril
    Participant

Wow–I am only in the research/planning stages of this journey and its been amazing already! I have got to talk to so many different people and educated them on what going off the grid means(the misconceptions that are out there would amaze you) I have many people who support me in my journey and are thinking about joining, and some people who say things like “your crazy” and “its too hard it cant be done”. My response to them is the same each time : “you will see how possible it is to become free”–I will continue on with the planning of this village no matter what! I really believe in and stand by my decision to go off the grid.

beast
    Participant

i will try the email ladyapril but yahoo doesnt seem to like my 26kbps connection
    so my email is a bit flaky
    i receive better than send for some reason, oh well
    keep up with what youre doing, like i always told my kids
    “the easy way isnt usually the right way”

ladyapril
    Participant

Well I am happy today because my core group of 5 has now grown to a core group of 8! Three more people have decided to join. (They were part of the undecided list before)— Village is growing yay!!!

ladyapril
    Participant

Found some possible land for cheap. I know someone who lives in that state who does alternative energy sources.I called him up and told him i wanted to go off grid. I asked him outright if I bought land out there, if he would assist me in setting up alternative power source and water purification system? He said absolutely that I should come on down, that he would help set me up for going off the grid.(seriously considering this one)

beast
    Participant

cool

ladyapril
    Participant

beast i could not get on that website u told me :( it wouldnt let me sign up for some reason..

but if you have skype? we could do a meeting, and correspond through emails and such–

I have had even more people express interest in this, so my little village plan has taken on a “snowball effect” in the town I am in, which is a great thing.  People are making plans to jump ship all over this town lol– Things are coming together more rapidly then i thought—-So if anyone else is interested let me know too :) The more the merrier people!

ladyapril
    Participant

Someone asked me what the beleife system from our village is..? We are as diverse as it comes. We have different religions in our group, different political views,different races ect. Part of our particular groups mentality is that people not feel the pressure to label themselves. We think being different is beautiful, and value individuality and unique souls.  For this reason my group has adopted a live and let live policy and love/respect/take care of one another. All types of people will be welcome in our village, not just thoes who happen to share our views.  That being said..there is a couple of “types” I am seeking to add to our mix.     !. young women and men 18 and up.  2. other family that has kids  3 Would like some vegetarians to join us :) ( I eat meat, but lightly and would enjoy someone to cook vegetarian meals with) 4. Military trained people (they have good skill sets) 5. older couples who dont mind being grandma and grandpa “types” to pass on wisdom to the youngsters 6) anyone looking to be part of a family and just be accepted for who they are and what they bring to the table  ect–and more

I am just looking for people to build a tribe, a family and that means many unique and different people–I am not leaving this “system”  just to pop another label on my self

beast
    Participant

for the timebeing,ladyapril, I am totally offline unless,like now,i visit one of my kids
    illget back with you as soon as I manage to reconnect

ladyapril
    Participant

Ok Beast, sorry I had not been on either… I had been busy planning..it looks like a state has been decided on…so thats exciting..

ladyapril
    Participant

wow! I was not prepared for the amount of emails I got after my last post on here. I will try to answer everybody’s questions– in time…I do have a state decided on…I and some others will be going in 6 months or less—Right now,I am building a network of individuals who will be able to help us (with alternative power source, building,agricultural planning,water purification ect)  I am researching, organizing and planning myself . I and some others will have to go out there first to be the “pioneers” that will help set this up, so other off grid people can come. I have to view the land and research building codes before I can begin to discuss the structures and building thereof. Sorry but not going to say the state or location just yet…for certain(and very good) reasons

veldugo
    Participant

I like what read Here. I am currently living in Long Island ny and would love to go off the grid somewhere warm Along with a community. If you ever gather enough people and are short for some send me message.I am very knowledgable on nutrition. I am a raw vegan who can teach people how sustain them selfs with water and jus herbal teas. I have gathered invaluable information on dr. Sebi which you can search on yotube and he has goes own curing village in Honduras.  the diet that dr. Sebi recommends its an Alkaline diet based on fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, but eventually the human body can fast and be fine without  give it rest without starvation. Not only I this diet perfect to break down the paradigm  necessity( which is why many f us want to be off the grid) but it will revitalize your entire body and menlair clarity. And doing this diet is the reason I believe it would be s doable to sustain my self living out the need of fast food restaurants, cooked foods , etc. all you have to worry on this diet is water and growing the food to live. And not to mention that on this diet you would rarely get sick meaning less  worries about hospital bills and such.

I know this diet I’m speaking of sounds extreme and hard to believe but so do we to the rest of the world trying to go off the grid. I really do think this diet is perfect to live of the grid and I was in a community that where open enough to learn seven if is just a little that would be great,

i am also learning how to build earthbag and cabin homes on my own with books and DVDs.

i don’t know how much help can a person like me be to your village but it is great just posting ideas up to future off grid communities. Thank you guys for reading my post.

norcalll
    Participant

Count me in aswanting info on this. B

ladyapril
    Participant

Hey veldugo–do you have any recipes to share( im not a vegan) but I eat very little meat(I have been vegetarian before)—but very interested in your raw food recipes as I do eat mainly fruits and vegetables

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.