MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Off Grid tutorials?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  beast 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jay
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am curious to know if people are interested in off grid tech tutorials? For example setting up a linux PC that uses only 5w of power, Setting up cheap wireless speakers from standard speakers, setting up your own webserver on a micro pc to host your website to cut down costs, Setting up ultra cheap entertainment center, extending wifi networks for very little money or anything else you can think of that would pertain to you and others in the community. I know a lot of articles here are about the day to day stuff required and the struggles of the more complex decisions but I feel entertainment and some comforts are a great comfort to the mental mind. I am not talking about spending thousands of dollars on ridiculously expensive equipment, I am talking about having some items that makes ones life a little easier with minimal cost/effort.

I wrote an article on tips for speeding up your internet page load times by blocking ads filtering trackers ect and was curious if anyone was interested in anything else?

Please let me know and I will try my best to get the tutorials setup asap.

Thanks,

Jay

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

That sounds good Jay :)

GypsyLyon
    Participant

I would SO love this! Yes! :)

beast
    Participant

shouldnt something like this be in DIY?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.