MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Looking for some "manly" help in Belize

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nobodysfool4766 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BzPAL
    Participant

Hi, All, I’m new to the site and forum, and hoping to find some compatible folks that may be looking for a change.  I am using an ancient computer that can’t be updated, so having difficulties with communications, and will keep this short and sweet.  I live off-grid on 211 acres titled property in the remote jungle in Belize, and operate a 2-cottage B&B style eco-lodge.  I initially built it with my husband back in the early ’90s, but after divorcing, have been doing it on my own since 2002.  It’s not easy, as many of you who are doing it well know.

Right now I’m in need of some “manly” type help… generators, equipment, roofing, etc., all needing repairs and can’t get reliable mechanics/carpenters to come out often enough to keep up with things.  So I’m hoping to find an experienced, perhaps retired but still able-bodied individual or couple, who may want to live on site, build your own “green” type house, and help me look after the mechanical things that need doing.

I am also happy to share my experience living off-grid in Central America with anyone who is thinking of relocating outside the US.  And if you visit Belize, I can show you what incredible things can be done with raw jungle and a lot of hard work.  If you’d like to see a glimpse, visit http://www.ektunbelize.com.  The photo of me is not current. ;-)

I will be checking for replies on the forum, but due to present energy limitations, not frequently…. if you have more than a casual interest, please send email directly to wildsidebz@hughes.net.

Greatest of luck to you all in the New Year, and may you all find what you are seeking!

gordo
    Participant

hi-  my name is gordo-  would like to talk to you about helping out in belize.

your link to web site and email didn’t work. or maybe i could not make them work.  sorry i don’t do IT or AV

gordorfood at ya__o dot com

BzPAL
    Participant

Hey, gordo…. thanks for pointing that out… for the web site, the period at the end of the sentence is the problem, so if you click on the link and then delete that period after com, you will get through to the site.  I don’t know why the email link didn’t work, but if you type it in, it should get through.  I will try contacting you directly as well.  What is IT or AV?  I guess I don’t do them either. ;-)

Nobodysfool4766
    Participant

I emailed you to the address listed above :) look forward to hearing from you soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.