MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion looking for fellow like-minded-off-gridders in arizona

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dustoffer 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

i am looking to go off the grid with like-minders in arizona. as a community, we can do it together… growing our own food, and LIVING our lives. anyone interested in networking? i’m ready to do whatever it takes to live the dream.

Hidro
    Participant

I at first was thinking to do this alone, but as it does not seem so feasible as of the moment (plus, when it comes to manual labor and such, it’s best to have lots of help) I am also in your same situation. I do not live in Arizona, but I may be able to relocate. I am currently reading survivalist resources and I can learn to fish, sew, utilize first aid skills, etc.

aurelia
    Participant

well we are going off the grid in june do you own your own land? it may be hard for one person because it can get lonely but if you network with others through the internet and communites near by it may not be so bad it’s better living than the city we all know that for sure! we have 2 girls that will stay in california and we are headed to arizona in june financially for now we can do this actually this is our only option as we help our daughters through college…as long as they are fine we are happy…..

anyways, we are planning to buy a small propane bbque, outdoor propane lamps for the night, we are buying a small travel trailor toput on out 5 acres..we are planning to grow pototes, sweet potatoes and corn…reagarding the tioles situation we are looking into compost tiolets(?) there is a book called “off t he grid in a travel trailor” that may help you do you have a travel trailor?

good luck write back if you wish

Dustoffer
    Participant

Where is AZ? I know of acreages northwest of Flag, but water is scarce. Mercury fallout from China can also hit some places, so that is also a concern, along with land prices and pure water. I may consider moving back to AZ to where the ground temperature is warmer than the 50*F here. Trailers, though, are an eyesore. I was thinking more of an Earthship Village of intelligent, talented people, well defended from invaders.

I know the underground temp in the valley is 70*F, but again, the water situation is not good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.