MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion like minded people for off grid start up

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dandl 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

williambeaudry
    Participant

I’m looking for people to come with me to live off the grid in Ramah, New Mexico (about an hour west of Albuquerque). I plan to leave this March 2014 from Connecticut, where I live now. I have a plot of land in Ramah that is 2.5 acres with some trees on it. I intend to build an earthbag home(s) depending on what you want, we could possibly share a larger structure, and a large garden on the land and live with little expenses. I have an RV to live in until the home is completed. So I’m looking for people who are physically able to help build the house and garden, have some money to contribute, have their own supplies (a way to house yourself until the home is finished, maybe some tools, a vehicle, whatever you have to offer, etc). Also, I am 20 years old, just looking for cool, laid back people with a sense of humor. I need people who are serious about this because March is coming up soon and I am mostly ready and have most of my supplies in order already. If you’re interested, contact me on here or at BeaudryW@gmail.com and let me know what you have to offer and your situation. There is a screening process for obvious reasons.
    Here’s to living a more authentic lifestyle and the start of something beautiful!

dandl
    Participant

William,

My family and I live in a motor home as well, my fiance`, 2 kids under 3 and two dogs. I am a general contractor with experience in all phases of construction, design and repair.I also have years of experience in building on a tight budget and coming up with ideas out of thin air. Lauren has 4 green thumbs and knowledgeable in greenhouse and septic systems old school and mulching toilets.

We are both students currently working on BA degrees.  You have a great opportunity before you , I have done research into this type of house as well as cob and straw bale structures. We are looking at doing the same, however do you think 2. acres is going to be enough?  Is there any other property for sale close by? once you drill a well plant a garden which will sustain you  build a house, fences for a few chickens,and a little livestock, not to mention solar panels and or a wind generator, things could be kind of tight. just a thought. Give me a buzz if you want to chat Derekbible@gmail.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.