MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Your opinion?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  homesteaderatheart 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SteffiV
    Participant

Hey I’ve been thinking about going off grid for a long time but I’m kinda unsure if I/we have what it takes? And I’m hoping some of you may want to read my story/situation and give your opinion or tips.

So, I’m 23 years old, I live in Belgium (woodland/river area)
    As long as I remember i’ve been an outdoors kid. Growing up here we were always setting up camps in the woods behind our house or playing in the rivers. When I was about 12 I got very into gardening/scavenging for food and I still love it to this day. I went to college to be a fashion designer but quit due to pressure.(so i can make clothes basically) Other than that I’m vegan and a great cook

My boyfriend is 36 years old, he lives in NC. He has a pre med degree and has always been a very private person. He has lived ‘homeless’ before in Florida, California, NC, mexico so he’s a good survivor. Other than that he can definately make a house from scratch.

I’d love to move to the US and dissapear into the woods.
    Do you guys think we could survive with the skills we have? Offcourse we’re VERY eager to educate ourselves and follow classes and whatnot

Thank you!

SteffiV
    Participant

Oh, I forgot to mention i’ve been involved in a medieval reenactment group too.
    So basically i’ve lived in 1400 ‘conditions’ and i’m pretty good at crafting things out of leather

homesteaderatheart
    Participant

disappear? with a pre med possibility? why not just send his ass to work and build exactly what you need within 3-4 years and learn how to farm and deal with fixing all the things that go wrong on a regular basis… you CAN do whatever you put your mind to.. but why suffer if you have the ability to create exactly what you want… My family has farmed for many years originating from northern Sweden now here in the south US it is not a life for anyone who cant take a lot of stress and pressure… just different from the stress and pressure form the system… it is tolerable but the kids today have been taught different than when I was a kid… if you want to do that… go out in the woods where  you live.. tomorrow without notice and take what you can carry … then stay for two weeks… come home and decide what you want…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.