MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Would enjoy visitors…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I would enjoy visitors who are interested in a simpler off-grid style. A suggestion would be to sort of barter a short internship: trade a few days of just checking out my systems and general homestead techniques & buildings, for some labor such as splitting a cord of seasoned lodgepole and juniper rounds, which I have stacked, but need to split eventually for next winter. I’m living on a 160 acre high desert homestead in extreme northeastern California, surrounded by public lands in a beautiful valley. The electrical system is photovoltaics plus a windmill in 24 volts, everything inverted to 120vac house current, including small refrigerator, well pump, computer & the usual small appliances. The cabin is 20 x 24, with a guest octagon nearby which also has electricity & internet access. Might be a great experience for anyone gathering ideas about going off-grid in a relatively low-budget way. Drop me a note at: dunevalleyite at y ahoo dot com or leave a note here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.