MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Why did you go off the grid?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  offgridliving 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

offgridliving
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum primarily because I just found it.  I have been browsing and there is a lot of interest stuff here.  It’s great.

I have a place that has been off the grid for almost 20 years.  I made the choice to do this for several reasons.

1) Economics: It is a lot less expensive to live off the grid. (no mortgage)  Plus, the utility company wanted $30,000 to run lines to my place.

2) I enjoy living in a rural area with no neighbors.  Those that do live near by have become great friends and people I can depend on if I really need it.

3) Self reliance: I am not dependent on anyone for electricity or water. I produce a lot of my own food but I am not totally self sufficient in that manner.

4) Overall better quality of life.  I work less and spend a lot more time doing the things I enjoy.

I am interested in what others have to say about why they made the choice to go off grid.

Offthegrid (Patrick)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.