MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums Forum Instructions Why did my message/reply vanish? What to do…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  12vman 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

If you post a message or reply to one, and it doesn’t appear here on the forum, that means that the forum software has put that message in pending status, I check the forum at least once a day, often multiple times, if I see pending messages I check them and if they aren’t spam or some other reason objectionable, then I will approve them.

If your message doesn’t appear, you can email me directly and I’ll check it asap. Don’t reply here, if you email me directly I can take care of the problem much quicker, be sure to give me your username and email address if your email address for the forum is different from the one you use to contact me.

Thanks! :)

wretha(at)gmail(dot)com

Wretha

Anonymous

Thanks for your help.

beast
    Participant

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Sorry beast, I’m working on it, I should know by tonight if what I have done is working or not… then I’ll let you and everyone else here know what is going on :)

Wretha

BzPAL
    Participant

Yikes!  I just lost my first post on another thread, and it wasn’t finished, so hope it doesn’t show up!

hollyb
    Participant

Hello,

I posted a message about women living off grid for a documentary project and I can’t find the message anywhere. Can you help?

All the very best,

Holly

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Hi Holly, you should contact Nick directly about this.

http://www.www.off-grid.net/about-us/

My personal reaction to producers looking for fresh meat, folk for their documentaries, I will tell you it’s not going to be easy, not around here anyhow, most the folk here are either wanting to live off grid (ie not doing it yet) or they are long timers at living off grid, most of us have seen the documentary reality shows and quite frankly it’s more about drama and less about reality, I think I am speaking for most here, we don’t want to be part of that circus act, not to mention the privacy issues, no thank you. I still wish you good luck with your venture.

Thanks,
    Wretha

hollyb
    Participant

Dear Wretha,

Thank you for coming back to me. I will contact Nick direct. Just to clarify, I’m not looking for any ‘fresh meat’ I’m in fact looking for long timers who have been doing this for years. The idea behind this documentary is that it will be entirely self shot from the people – there will be no crew, it will be intimate, accurate and controlled by the participants themselves. We are an award winning company with specific expertise in documentaries and we’ve never had a complaint from any of our participants on any of the 100 plus programmes we have made. I appreciate your feedback but I would have really have liked the opportunity to reach out to members direct for their feedback.

Regards,

Holly

12vman
    Participant

I believe that I gave you an invite a while back, Holly. But, there was no response..

I can only guess that I frightened you when I said a 4WD was a necessity to gain access here.. LOL

Thanks, Wretha.. Well said..  ;)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.