MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to

Home Forums Technical Discussion Which Inverter/charger

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Justme 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am looking for an inverter/charger that is capable of charging batteries whilst supplying power to my house, automatically. [N.B. No grid power is involved here].

So when my electrical load is less than the maximum my generator can produce, I want my inverter/charger to provide me power and charge the batteries. However, if my electrical load suddenly jumps to more than my generator can produce, I want the inverter/charger to (stop charging and) take power from both the generator and the batteries.

Does such an inverter/charger exist?

i suggest you look at the Victron make they do just what you want. they are made for the boat market (so expect top prices).

Also if you have the right genny (remote start & stop function)add a smartguage & you can set it to start the genny when the batts need recharging automaticaly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.