MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Where to find land for sale

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  wilderbill 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Peanut

I am not looking to buy land right now, but am interested in prices and things so would like to take a look. Where can I find out about land that could be lived on in a yurt?

Kenwilland
    Participant

Which part of the world are you in? An internet search for land for sale is a good place to start. Then just follow your nose. What kind of place are you looking for?

Nick Rosen
    Keymaster

I am hoping that this will become a place where people can put up info on land for sale, for rent, or just plain available. Likewise, people who want land can let us know who they are.

Not everyone wants to but their land, and not every landowner who is willing to have off-gridders living there wants to sell.

Lets see what inventive models emerge?

Nick

rima

We are maybe interested to have off-gridders living on our land. We have 8 acres by the sea on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. Fabulous views over the ocean and islands, the midnight sun in June, the gulf stream, windy! We are interested in people who are prepared to help our with animal care on our sanctuary and cleaning work for holiday cottages as well as helping to design new buildings, outdoor hot tub etc. We already have a library building with broadband. People would need to share our vegetarian ethos, we have a spiritual focus we don’t expect people to share it. We are also looking for at least 50 acres closer to a city to move our animals there, and planning to keep Skye as a retreat. http://www.livingark.com. Love your book Nick! Really do. Only wish it was available a few years ago – it really makes a difference.

hteo
    Participant

Am looking for small parcel of land near Manchester to cultivate not live on, does anyone know how I can start looking?

jivah
    Participant

Not sure if this is what you are interested in but I am in the process of buying an old farm, in the mountains of north Tuscany in Italy, I am looking to be off grid and as self sufficent as possible. Property is about 60 acres with a mix of fields and woodland and a cost of about 50k sterling. There are other empty properties around and if you are interested I can put you in touch.

Jenny
    Participant

We (husband & I) are looking for 2-5 acres in north east Ireland or the west of Scotland to build on & grow our own stuff. We would be prepared to share a larger area as part of a larger project as well.

Anyone know of anything?

kfielder
    Participant

Jivah, I would be interested in emailing the parties you mention

stephendv

You can find private classifieds for rural land in Spain at: http://www.milanuncios.com/fincas-rusticas/

We bought our land in Huesca, northern Aragon for about 1 euro/square meter.

wilderbill

There is a growing movement in the USA to foster hybrid homesites, which allow you to generate your own solar and wind energy, sell the excess to the grid and rely on the grid as a back up power supply. One example is Freedom Farms in Texas. See our classified ad at this site.

Does anyone know of other similar communities where one can purchase a hybrid homesite?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.