MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Whats the best wood cook stove? Opinions?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dustoffer 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CountryMomma
    Participant

I personally feel that the best wood cook stove is the Kitchen Queen. I have no experience with any others. What do you guys think? Is there one that you found worked best? What do you prefer? Is it better to have one that can heat, cook and offer hot water in your home? The one I purchased is at this link: http://antiquestoves.us/shop/kitchen-queen-wood-cook-stove/11-kitchen-queen-wood-cook-stove-480.html. My parents are trying to decide on what kind they should purchase and since I only have experience with the one I have I am trying to get opinions and ideas. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!

Dustoffer
    Participant

I have two Boxwood Stoves from Harbor Freight that cost me 280 plus venting, which cost about the same, or more.  They have worked well as wood stoves heating and cooking.  In summer or above 40*F we use a Sun Oven .

Definitely don’t have the room or money for one of those old time kitchen wood stoves!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.