MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion What’s it like living off grid in Southern California?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  One heart one Love 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello off-grid community. I currently live in Arizona and want to relocate and live sustainably. One of the areas I’ve been doing research on is Southern California. Anyone living off-grid in S. Cali? Are earthquakes and fires an issue? Are they frequent? I’m looking for land between $1000 – $7000 per acre. Is it possible to find land that price in So. Cali? I’ve done a few searches I’m just wondering if anyone could guide me some websites in particular. I’ve even thought about putting an ad up once I decide where I want to live. I’d like to live an hour at the most from San DIego and I don’t want to live in the desert. That’s why I want to move out of Arizona, I love lots of green. What is the geography like? I don’t want to live in the hub of the city nor do I want to live in the desert so what are my other options? I’m also wondering about gardening…. can one grow vegetables all year round in So. Cali? I want to have grass, trees, plants and flowers as well. Does all of that grow all year round too? I’ve done some research but I also thought it might help to reach out to some people with direct experience.

If anyone has any info to share with me I’d be super grateful!

Thanks so much,

Ana

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.