MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Well, anyone need help?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  AlexS96 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

AlexS96
    Participant

Well I’ve got no where to go, and i’m pretty screwed with life at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone had a place for me to stay, I’ll work for it if it matters. You’ve probably seen other posts similar to this on Landbuddy about what I can do with hunting, fishing, improvising, etc. I’ve got no money or transportation, although hitch hiking is somewhat common for me at times. Also, I’m 15 years of age, but I’ve had a very tough experience with life, the whole way through, which is one of the reasons I want to get away from this modern society.

If anyone can help me, give me a shout.

AlexS96
    Participant

Well, now I’ve got 2 other of my friends willing to tag along.

centralpafarm
    Participant

Hey i ran away at 13 and went to some communes where i found safe places to be and help. Try searching http://www.ic.org and look under reachbook and see the communities seeking people. I live here taking care of my 88 yr old mom on my small 6 acre farm so i am almost old enough to be a grandparent to you. I sure do wish you safe passages.

AlexS96
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, and I’ve been seeking help in many ways, none of which have actually contributed to me at all, but I’m still looking around. I’ll try that site for now.

I also recommend you post on woofersusa…there’s always folks looking for farm help. You’ll want to have ID with you though, because people get burned so they’ve been screening, myself included.

Weathershaman

chowan
    Participant

yep try wwoof ers willing workers on organic farms do a search there are several different sites that can put you in touch with hosts.

on a couple of occasions i have had wwoofers both in Australia and USA and it has been pretty good in general.

a fun way to meet new people and travel around but with labor laws etc at the moment its easier for me just to do without.your age will also be a problem

in many cases.

best of luck to you

AlexS96
    Participant

Well now I need some help.

Just got kicked out and am currently subsiding at my friends house, for about a week, after that I have no where to go at all, so I’m officially going to be homeless in a week.

Anyone have anywhere I could go? Any suggestions? Or anything that can help me out, please?

gordo
    Participant

where are you located?

AlexS96
    Participant

Southern Tennessee.

gordo
    Participant

well im about 30 hour drive from you. so i cant really offer you a roof and food unless you where to be able to get here. but thats not recomended you would be way out of your element here(winter).. are there any adults you trust that can try to find you some home? are you staying in school? do you have a job or skills to do a job?

how would you like to resolve your situation. go back home? noway? stay in school? noway? work? noway? yesterday my neighbor was playing with the chickens. her 3 yearold boy let one out. i wasnt home she could catch it was all freaked out. she called. i said don’t worry it will be standing on the other side of the fence after you stop chasing it.. anyway your friends are inside the fence. looking on the internet isnt gonna keep you warm and feed. ymca/community counseling network/ youth services.. but do your research if getting sent home by authoritys is going to be dangerous. make sure you deal with someone that is more obligated to help you not the system.

good luck gordo

AlexS96
    Participant

I was willing to go to Wisconsin the other day, so that’s not that bad. I lived in Oregon for a couple years so Winter shouldn’t be a problem. And there is not really anyone that can help me, and I’m a dropout due to me having to help the family out way more than I should have to. I’ve been training to be a survival instructor for about 3 years now so i’m a handy outdoors-men, as well as many other small jobs and various skills that could come in handy. Can’t go back home.

No where to go and no one’s willing to give me a place to stay permanently. And the law is not a problem.

AlexS96
    Participant

That’s also one reason why I would rather help/work for someone who is currently off-grid, because of the fact that I love the outdoors, hard work, and the whole idea and philosophy behind it, it’s my dream right now, not 15 years from now.

I’d rather get my tent and all of my things and go live in the woods.

gordo
    Participant

alex- how did the day go? figure anything out? i don’t have the space for ya this winter.. hopefully will be building a cabin in the spring. chowan is right in looking for wwoof ing. look at the bus routs and lines and look at farms near you or south. some offer internships. some offer room and board for help. the more options you find the more choices you’ll have.

keep us up to date

peace gordo

AlexS96
    Participant

Day went sort of well, still seeking help, no thanks to my certain friends which led to nothing being completed today. Figured out that I hate society a tad bit more. And I looked at the Wwoof thing a while back, thought it wasn’t for such young people as I, child labor laws or whatever may be the reason. I’ll start on the bus routes and farms thing, maybe find something to help me out.

I’ll keep you up to date as long as I still have internet, thanks for the advice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.