MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Wanting Freedom: UK

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fragginz 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

babydoll22
    Participant

Hello, everyone.

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself, whilst also reaching out to anyone in the UK who has achieved off-grid living or who has advice for me in this regard.

I am 32 years old with two little girls, 12 and 4. The eldest is home-schooled whilst the younger one is due to start mainstream school in September. I work from home running three successful businesses, but since becoming a single mummy 3+ years ago, I have literally had to balance housework, home-schooling and childcare with 17-hour workdays and very little sleep. To say this is exhausting is a huge understatement. I work all hours just to pay the bills, and I’m missing out on my children growing up, who know not to disturb Mummy when she’s working.

For the longest time, I have wanted to make a change. I’ve considered building a container house and living off-grid, but land in the UK is so expensive and planning permission is a nightmare. I can’t move abroad because my youngest daughter’s father won’t give consent for us to live elsewhere. And so the UK is my only option. To say I am at a loss is an understatement. I need a change because I honestly can’t continue like this. My daughters also desperately want a change and don’t want to see Mummy working so much.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m open to anything. I have some savings but nowhere near enough to procure land in the UK, with prices starting from around £50k unless it’s agricultural. I’ve considered buying agricultural land with a shipping container for a house, but this goes hand-in-hand with needing to ensure a profit-making farm on the land. As a single mother of two, I’m not sure this would be feasible.

Ideas anyone?

Thank you!

Hayley

billmccallum
    Participant

I’m helping my son set up a permaculture project, but need others to share the land.

Found a site of 7.5 acres for £18 -£20,000, we can get £7500, but need two others to pitch in the same with each having 2.5 acres.   07935868960 if you want to chat.<b></b><i></i><u></u>

Fragginz
    Participant

Hello. Is the UK mandatory or are you considering also europe? if so you can reply to me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.