MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion want to start a village

This topic contains 45 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  AvatarHomestead 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

ladyapril
    Participant

Me and a few like minded others are ready to go mostly off the grid and purchase/ or do work trade for land. I have the ultimate goal of starting a self sufficent (mostly) eco -village.  I plan to let everyone have their own place, plus have a common house and garden ect. I want to form a compassionate, diverse and fun group of people to live together as a loving family and tribe. we will have all different walks of life , in fact I love “spunky” people who are not judgemental and are not afraid to be themselves.Our village will be at least 95% of the grid, with everything as natural, and organic as possible, living close to nature is healthy for our hearts, souls and minds and bodies.  If anyone has land for work or skill/product trade(or for sell cheap). Please let me know! Looking into california or surrounding border states. Will any land owner take a chance on a great person who wants to create something great for future generations to copy?

beast
    Participant

have a look in the topic “anyone interested?” and get back to me…lol

Dear Lady April,

Please check us out. We’d be happy to share information with you.

One Love,
    Giuseppe
    Marianna Music Village

cpbrous
    Participant

Hi LadyApril, my name is Chris. I’m interested in joining a community in California or the surrounding states as well. I’m going to be heading out west from Chicago in a few days to begin my process of learning and finding a place to live. I’d be very interested in talking a bit more about some ideas you have.  email me when you get a chance @ cpbrous@gmail.com

Dustoffer
    Participant

beast
    Participant

if you really want to help build a good community join Simple City

Dustoffer
    Participant

I once had a site promoting that which I thought at the time would be sustainable and nice; Earthship Villages. Built and lived in by intelligent strong people, with some having enough capability to manufacture batteries, solar panels, generators, inverters, and other power equipment to use. Plus the ability to protect themselves from hostile outside groups.
    Growing their own food, recycling everything, keeping the population constant or near so. Growing in the Earthships, using aquaponics, raising rabbits, chickens, outside grain and woods, with pasture, orchards— a regular utopia, connected to other villages by radio or satellite. The sum total of human knowledge with each village. Kind of a high tech agrarian society with bartering food, manufactured items, education, labor, and child care.
    That was before I found out about the probability of going worse than PETM. Then I thought of underground fortresses with GenIV nuclear grow lights, a good aquifer, and similar living arrangement except underground.
    The outside villages would eventually lose all their outside growing, unless they went nomadic toward the poles. Even then time would run out for them. As it would for those underground who would have no survivable surface for two hundred thousand years.
    So one hope is to reduce emissions 90% within a decade and hope as we live through momentum and the 400 year cool down, almost all after a rapid die-off period.
    Another hope is for a geologic incident which reduces population through economic meltdown or loss of a season of growing globally.

ladyapril
    Participant

beast–do you have any pictures of the land in new mexico? and how many acres were you selling? does it have a

water source?

beast
    Participant

i personally have no pics of it, its too big for just a few people
    we need a good sized group to go there
    yes there is water on the land

ladyapril
    Participant

the group i have is not that large—-some pictures are a most–please tell me you didnt buy this land without seeing pictures at least?? someone could scam you!

beast
    Participant

no i have not purchased the land
    will not buy any until i have a group ready

ladyapril
    Participant

ahhh

ladyapril
    Participant

Beast-saw in another post that you were in the military? Mind if i ask what branch?–I was a military brat myself–my father and his father before him-as well as both of my mother’s brothers and my mothers father(he died in service)were all in the military–you and my dad might get on well as friends lol

beast
    Participant

im a jarhead :)

ladyapril
    Participant

hoo rah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.