MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Vanabode Chick in a Hot Tub

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sam 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tammyb
    Participant

Hey I came across a novel idea for traveling cheap this week called vanabode. This guy and his wife seem to be living it up in the desert using free natural hot springs, camping for free, and enjoying some serious fun. They talk about a super low budget and total off grid living. Not sure about that. I have to agree the photos he shows of the views aren’t bad though. The thing I like best is he actually does the travel himself proving the budget, and taking the pictures. When is the last time you saw a chick in a hot tub in the middle of nowhere AND wild gold fish swimming around them? Do any of you have any experience with extended van camping like this? Let me know. In his book he claims to be able to go anywhere for any length of time on $20 a day. Sounds good but how long can you live without a house? They say they have been doing it for years.

beast
    Participant

during my 20’s i lived outta an old ford stationwagon most summers
    was kinda fun, quite an adventure :)
    anyways living on the road can be fun and isnt bad if you can handle it

Sam
    Participant

To my understanding, you can do this until your drivers lic needs to be renewed. The Gov won’t give you a renewal without a fixed address. Also my thoughts, $20 a day you still need an income of over $600 a month. To live in a fixed location you can live on less than $10 a day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.