MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Vacant Lot Available (free rent) – Kansas City, MO, 64100 – 0.11 Acres

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  elnav 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am a long term property investor based in Cambridge, UK with a new property in Kansas City, MO, 64100, USA.

I am looking for a tenant to occupy my vacant lot on a rent free basis, in return for placing a house on it and clearing/maintaining the lot.

The tenant would be able to stay initially for 5 years, with another 5 year extension negotiable at the end of the initial period with a minimal token rent amount payable.

It would expected that the tenant would start the construction of a house on the lot within 6 months of signing a tenancy agreement.

A condition the agreement would be that any building constructed on the lot would remain in situ upon the tenant moving out.

Once in a lifetime opportunity, build a house and move in – all real estate taxes will be paid by myself.

Contact me for further details or if you are interested – info@maltonhousepress.com

Trm
    Participant

What are the building codes in this area?

Hi trm.

As to the building codes they are quite relaxed, if you go onto Google Street View and type in the address of Flora Ave, Kansas City, MO, 64110 you will see that the house vary widely in design, custruction materials and size.

There is one local restriction that a fence over 4 feet cannot be erected on the parameter of the lot.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

elnav

So you want someone to build a house at their expense live in it for five years then give it up by leaving it on the lot when they move?

A code compliant, owner built house will cost at least $50,000 so that works out to $10,000 per year of occupancy. Damn expensive rent if you ask me!

A mobile would cost even more but at least you could take it with you when you move.

Who finances the home construction?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.