MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion UK and USA Off-Grid Locations

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  JerseyBean 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

JerseyBean
    Participant

Hi All

I am newly registered on this site so please be patient with me.

Like many of us I seem to be addicted to consumerism and slave to modern technology and communication, so the off grid / back to the land lifestyle really appeals to me.

I was born in the Channel Islands but have lived in Australia for the past 20-years so I am out of touch with life in the UK.

So I have 2 questions:

1. Which councils in the UK are most accommodating of the off-grid / back to the land lifestyle.  I am told Wales is the place but I wanted to obtain as much  as possible about where to buy land, cost and the least red-tape when it comes to building off-grid
    2. The best locations in the USA to buy land, cost and the least red-tape when it comes to building off-grid (My preferences are New England (1st), Colorado or Oregon (2nd), Illinois (3rd), Minnesota, Pennsylvania, New Jersey

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark

17 March 2014

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.