MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion To the SPAMMERS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tony 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Please go away, your spam isn’t welcome here, no one here is going to click on your links, all you are doing is annoying those of us who are here for real purposes, ie off grid living. I will make sure your spam is deleted as fast as you can post it.

Wretha

revinger
    Participant

I appreciate the post but unfortunately I am pretty sure these are robots creating the spam posts and none of the perpetrators will probably ever see your comments. :(

Given the quantity that has come if since I got out the mauser last night and blasted them I am not sure I can keep up. We may have to strongly suggest to nick to take the forums to full moderation. The number of real posts per day is low enough that the few that are really posting can probably live with the delay.

bob

marshall, il

sixgun911

Yea the spammers went nuts, just started posting here myself a few weeks ago. Good forum id like to say , its crap its getting runied by the garbage postings.

Trm
    Participant

Revinger look into the “prove your are human to register”

thing with the warped characters that computers can’t read

I have trouble sometimes myself with them

revinger
    Participant

We are working on a human identification method for registration. I have not been able to find a ‘captcha’ style add on for the forums software that is being used, but did find a similaralternative. Hoping it will get implemented soon.

deleting the bozo posts is getting old.

Tony
    Participant

Good luck.

As the admin of another site, you have my sympathy but we went to full moderation of new members and I check IP addresses before approval of anyone. Nonsense names and such are boomed without thought as are folks from China, which is OK as we are a regional group.

We use vBulletin and it makes it easy to check new members and new posts. Still, it cost me 20~30 minutes every morning just to sweep up, hence the move to full moderation of members.

Tony

On a more fun note … great site and great book that brought me here … need to do a proper introduction post.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.