MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Time to start a new

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  caverdude 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

love53
    Participant

i have been gardening and studying how to survive off the grid for as long as i remember. I was age 5 when my farther trained me on how to use and throw knives and how to fish (his grandfather was a native american). i have all the supplies and a tent thats all i need to live a happy life away from society. i want to live in the mountains or in the forest. i know to most it seems extreme but the way this world is going it seems like the best thing to do.only thing is i have no idea of what place would be great for me and by the way i am a 20 year old female if that helps. please respond or email me at love53@comcast.net  if you have any tips.

Dustoffer
    Participant

I suppose camping is one way to be off grid for a short while, at least in one spot.  Usually rules make it so it can only be for so long.

The main thing about https://www.off-grid.net is alternative power systems.  Alternative building materials, gardening, greenhouses, living more simply and greener, are all part of it.  Some have no alternative power, live in little framed shacks or pre-fab metal buildings, vans, or old farm houses.

I wonder if there are any web sites devoted to camping type of off grid permanently.  Usually that is more for people who are not connected to the internet, or unable to afford to live any other way(i.e. from overpopulation’s effects).

To me, there is a big difference between being an off-grid green living person versus living out of a tent or vehicle, or in a non-eco house.  Design Principles
    1) Thermal/Solar Heating & Cooling(or geothermal, all with thermal mass)
    2) Solar & Wind Electricity(or other non-emissions power)
    3) Contained Sewage Treatment(septic system or community septic, both with composting)
    4) Building with Natural &
    Recycled Materials (along with super insulation)
    5) Water Harvesting (rainwater and recycling systems)
    6) Food Production (inside and outside gardens, aquaculture, and small animal husbandry)

centralpafarm
    Participant

make sure your near people who won’t try to use or abuse you. Life isn’t how it was back in the 60’s when i was your age. Well mid 70’s.. Yes be careful. TRY DOING IT NEAR WHERE SOMEONE YOU KNOW LIVES FIRST. Then later on once you perfect your outdoor skills you can slowly venture out. be safe lil sis hugs D

caverdude
    Participant

Five areas for preparedness at home (no real order here all are equal in importance)

1. Food

2. Water

3. Shelter

4. Security

5. Health and Sanitation

Five ares of survival in wilderness (order of importance)

1. Exposure

2. Shelter

3. Water

4. Food

5. Fire

http://blog.larrydgray.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.