MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion tents are great

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jetsetjason 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jetsetjason
    Participant

I went backpacking with my tent in the lake district and noticed lots of people on the campsite using different methods, a large tent and car, or a van and small tent ( a van can easily accomodate everything you need and the bicycles i noticed ! ), or van and large tent etc. etc.

Campsites have great facilities too, and the basic lifestyle is more than compensated for by being so close to nature, the sound of birdsong is indeed a great way to start the day.

I took the advice of someone in the ‘off grid’ book, about treating your home as a bedroom and living in the world, it felt great to breakfast while standing near a lake, looking out,eating apples from john ruskin’s house.

Others sat outside their tent with a breakfast table and cereals, but i have learnt, from the book, the trick is to adapt your lifestyle when going ‘off grid’.

At the moment i pop off and on as need to keep my partner happy, network in london, write articles for philosophy now magazine etc. etc. but i urge all to buy the book and try out ‘off grid’ :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.