MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion temporarily MIA

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  beast 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

beast
    Participant

my pc bit the bygone, its toast and im workingon a new one
    I will be back as soon as I can be, thank you for understanding
    beast

Joel
    Participant

The many foibles of modern technical devices…

Good luck Beast!

wirerat123
    Participant

I always keep a couple Linux Mint bootable CDs around in case I have a hard drive crash, then I can just run Linux straight from CD. I also do that to check iffy looking websites because a computer that runs solely off of a CD can not be hacked, infected with a virus, etc. You can’t mess it up unless you scratch the CD hehe. I do have one laptop with NO hard drive in it, it’s my hacker box, I don’t hack, I just fool around with it, but it’s unhackable and super stable lol, if I hit a bad website that makes my puter go wonky, I reboot to CD and BAM, back to normal.

Just a tip in case the hard drive was your issue. (Pro tip: They can also be run off an appropriately sized thumb drive if you know how to hack the thumb drive and make it bootable.)

beast
    Participant

i picked up a network bug that wiped out CMOS on my motherboards
    killed my whole network, gonna be a bit gettin back im afraid
    but im workin on it

beast
    Participant

pc back online again, im baaaack :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.