MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Stop Paying Property Taxes by Removing your Property from the Tax Rolls

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dustoffer 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Brie217
    Participant

I have been trying to figure out how to get out of paying property taxes ever since I wanted to first go off the grid. It’s the only expense that I couldn’t totally eliminate. Well, I think I may have finally stumbled upon a way to do it. Read the article and be sure to watch the 7 part video and let me know what you think in the comments section. If what this guy is saying is true…well this is HUGE!

http://brie-hoffman.hubpages.com/hub/Stop-Paying-Property-Taxes-Remove-Your-Property-from-the-Tax-Rolls

Dustoffer
    Participant

I don’t think I could get my property off the county clerk’s records or assessor’s records, and I’m certainly not going to call it a mine or fossil fuel well. Our taxes for a 2 BR 2 Ba 1 car garage w/Earthship are only $400/yr. Same with insurance for 250K total including belongings. It is well worth it to have the roads plowed, and sheriff’s and fire departments that are good. Part of it goes to the school system my son went to, but I do not like paying for other peoples’ kids’ education, and think it should be exclusively the cost of the parents. Insurance is also worth having just in case, although I have done proper fire mitigation, and it is a low burglary area.

I wonder if the police or fire department would even respond if your address was not in the county directory, and if you are really out in the boonies it could take too long anyway. You might not even be able to get insurance, either. Probably in that case it would be nice to pay no property taxes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.