MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums Technical Discussion Solar power cost?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Meadotech Ltd 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Frida
    Participant

Yes, I have tried googling this, but it’s not really helping, as I think most of the prices I see around the internet are for people continuing a comfy existence with modern appliances, but just going solar.

I plan to live “extremely rural”, the only electricity I can imagine needing right now (I’m sure there will be some more, but not much) will be for a computer (laptop) and a freezer (for meat).

Location not decided yet, but probably in Spain.
    What might this cost?

lisaA
    Participant

I bought a Renogy 100 folding solar suitcase for about $ 280.00, i still have to buy a good battery – ( prices on those vary looking at about maybe 150.00 ) and then an inverter  for about another 100.00. ) so fro around 500 or so i should have a system to run a few things.   I am sure there are the same products out there that may cost a bit less, but i went with what had the best reviews and customer support!.      Now granted i have not set this all up yet- so maybe someone who has a system in place already can help out as well.

linny
    Participant

Hello, I’m new here so please bear with me.

I found a wholesale solar site that had 20 panels for 5k. They were residential panels so I’m assuming that’s more than enough power that you needed. Batteries are expensive, and the inverter is about $500, so I’d say you’re looking at 15-20k if you DIY

-Linny

Meadotech Ltd
    Participant

Frida do you know roughly how much wattage both units use?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.