MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion solar dab radio – runs for 27 hours :)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jetsetjason 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jetsetjason
    Participant

blueskymine
    Participant

thanks, that’s cool, would like to get one. While trying to find answers for myself, I keep finding all these other good links that are hard to keep to myself and want to share too, so here’s another, lol, in return for yours, for an upcoming solar t.v. link w/low power consumption:):

http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/07/07/sharps-solar-powered-television/

jetsetjason
    Participant

I prefer my portable dvd player, i wonder if i could trickle charge it from a solar panel, as it has a built in battery, i presume this should work :)

blueskymine
    Participant

that is also a good idea if you only want to watch dvd’s, and also there are little battery powered t.v.’s, I do not know what trickle charge means, but i understand your trying to say, which brings me to this link I’ve just stumbled upon, lol, the “take anywhere Hammacher Schlemmer” which should work for the dvd player and similar: http://www.hammacher.com/publish/75436.asp?source=Bizrate&keyword=75436&cm_ven=NewGate&cm_cat=Bizrate&cm_pla=SPORTS%20LEISURE&cm_ite=75436

I keep wondering lately why there aren’t more larger items w/ build in batteries… Wouldn’t it eliminate alot of hassles in a variey of ways…for example, there are many types of solar lamps and portable camping led’s, etc… but I cannot for the life of me find one single regular household lamp that will emit the type of light I get from my other non-solar lights. But I am sure its possible to make a lamp like this, that I could sit outside (or part of it outside) like the other outdoor lights (which usually only give that slight glow which is good for yard lights and things but not mucn more)but bring in the house and just turn on like a regular indoor lamp that gives off a decent amount of light that could at least partially light up a room, not only a few millimeters… and it would be so nice to have other similar appliances with built in batteries like ort computers, dvd players, phones, etc. do…. if they exist… if they do and i am just missing it please anyone feel free to clue me in:)

well enough of that rambling, but this is just one of the stumbling blocks that keep coming up for me while making my plans for an inexpensive off-grid home. I’m trying to detour all or most plumbing and electrical as possible with all sorts of ideas, and having certain household items with built in rechargeable batteries seems to be something that would help out alot but cannot find much except for small camping items or those that do not emit much light or power, etc… (again another great example would be a small refridgerator with a built in battery, that would be great!!!:) I suppose if it is not there I should make it myself somehow, this should be interesting:) I’ll let you know how it goes if I don’t zap myself trying first, lol,. Have a good day everyone

blueskymine
    Participant

hello again all, after writing this post I searched for a solar powered refridgerator, I came upon alot of the smaller camping versions, some battery powered, but finding a larger refridgerator that is actually a literal solar fridge etc… wasn’t as common. I stumbled upon a nice surprise I didn’t know existed and its a literal solar fridge that can even run on a car battery. The fridge itself is quite large (at least in the picture)and definitly not mobile, but the battery itself could be brought to the fridge and hooked up to it, because it has its own terminals on it. Here is the link to learn more about it, it is the fourth product down. I think its a pretty helpful and neat idea (about the fourth one down the page):

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/100947461/_super_Deal_Solar_Refrigerator.html

jetsetjason
    Participant

read books

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.