Media Workers and TV Researchers - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Single women living off grid

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    rbonuc29
    Participant

cahow some interesting insights and some not to far off.  I dont move to canada for a few reasons One is that i believe immigrants will make there way north once they have finished ravaging this place. Second , it does get very cold. But last As the polar ice caps melts Ther eill be land wars for the oil beneath. So i dont think canada is going to be the place to be. Yes i do wish there was  magic button to go back to the 20 th century. But theres nothing worng with that.  Im not angry at my parents ,, i am generally angry at everybody else…becuase of there globalist overlty internationalists “leanings” Sovriegnty is very important to me. So i resent my generation for being this surprisingly accepting here… but i have learned to personally  accept it as a middle person is forced to do.

I dont like to compete

even theres few people better at it than me,,,(imagine being from nyc and nj and grew up in italian neighborhoods…).

But i dont like it, and detest….and…resent having to do so.

So yes

i do long for the 20 th century when we didnt compete fiercly for reasources employment housing and position food was 50 cents a pound and the bare minimum was required why wiaste time lieing to you. There was enough for everyone to spare. I dont like to compete for employment in the land i was born. So yes i resent it perfusely  , I should not have to worry about employment in the land i was born. Sorry…..just the way i am , I am The entitelist yes i am  , oh well sorry there could be worse things….call me an entitlelist so i can claim it proudly. Whats the point of having a country if it isnt sovriegn??

I mean a democracy you can find anywhere some even better than this. So thats my only premis. its like we are going in circles here. If theres no economy sovriegnty no certainity it begs the question whats the point in staying in the us.??? Thats my only premis.

Cause let me tell you living here is a monumental pain in the neck So if the cost beings to multiply its self pass the benefit. I thinking man is forced to find either this web site or other countries.Thats why im looking abroad a bit. Cause like i said im from nyc. Im no sucker. I mean no way are you gonna take 3/4 of my wages just to live? So yes im looking around. Austrilia is one, new zealand is another And France and spain.

montana and north dekota…

Cahow
    Participant

Thanks for your answer, rbonuc29. I learned a lot. Hope you find somewhere that brings you peace.

rbonuc29
    Participant

i put montana and north dekota cause i dont think of the middle states as part of this new united states. thats more old america. much less people and there industries tend to be non service. Thats another problem this service industries are to unstable.

rbonuc29
    Participant

ohh your welcome cahow it was pleasure giving them thanks for the facts about canada. I like canada they are going to do well with oil. there lands are rich with oil.

Cahow
    Participant

rbonuc29: you mentioned that “Canada was cold”. Well, so are Montana and North Dakota, Sir! (LOL) British Columbia actually has a beautiful mild climate in a great many areas. 75% of the province is forested which makes for good hunting. Take a road trip. Cross the border. Toss your passport and head into the woods. They speak English there, too!

rbonuc29
    Participant

one acre there woudlnt be the worst thing. Well montana only for a few months to work on the oil industry and nd. Canada is still a no for me. Cause after decades of us being number one.

They would just have a field day with a refugee like me.  I think austrilia and new zealand are a good options for us cause they have had little expsoure with people like us. And instead of celebrating our demise,  they would want to gain experience from Americans.

Guncha
    Participant

Hi everybody

I am new here, and started my prepping for doign  a transition.I would apreciate any useful info you  share.

I am in the beginning of the way. I am learing  online premaculture, reading about diffderent communities in the different parts of the world.

I found WOOF website, for organizing internship ( Mostly interested in eco- villages in NZ).  I am kind of lost in the tonns of info in internet.

Could somebody give me  a hint, where to start and what to do?

What would you do differently if you would start all over again? How to choose place? What skills you would learn before  moving? How much savings you would prefer to have before  doing a transition.

How would you choose community?

What about kids? ( I have a teenage daughter).What is the best way for schooling?

Thank you so much in advance, Guncha

PKCooper108
    Participant

Hello everyone. I have been living off-grid for the last 2-3 years. I am doing this on my own with help as needed from friends and family. I use solar/generator for electric, haul my own water, use a wood burning stove for my main heat source with a small propane heater in the kitchen. I have a propane stove and frig.

I am part of an intentional community, https://www.wisteria.org/community.htm, in which several of us live on the property and are off-grid. I have started a FB page and a blog to share information and experience with other women who are living off-grid on their own. These are places to share information and ask questions. <span style=”color: #388222;”>womenlivingoffgrid.blogspot.com</span> and https://www.facebook.com/groups/165705030204214/. I hope some of you will join us in the discussions.

Pam

hijabimomma
    Participant

Hey so I’m new here and this site is awesome. Right now I’m just a wannabe off gridder…but that’s why Im here right ? I  am a soon to be single mom of 5 kiddos, yes 5..I’m practically old mother hubbard lol… The thing is I need to find myself and act on what I’ve been dreaming of for so long now…and that is raising my children in Nature and to shun all forms of materialism (thats another way of saying how  can i  raise 5 kids by myself in this materialistic hell hole) I’m starting to cringe as I see my older ones being molded into little consumers …they say Im just cheap…lol

I would find it so refreshing to join a community of women and children…I saw that term jilted lover and I guess I’m guilty. But its something more than that. I need to empower myself and be a good example for my kids especially my little girls. While men are great (most men) women depend so much on their “knight in shining armour” to come rescue them out of any situation. That’s whats been instilled in us since childhood. Why cant we take care of ourselves?? I could imagine a community where we all have the same goals. I’ve homeshooled before and I’m craving to do it again…although I was way too lax before and I felt like I was an inadequate teacher ..but now I see how the public schools can be compared to programming robots…I think with the right support and other children involved, homeschooling would be amazing! Think of the free thinkers we would be raising! Not just homeschooling,  but everything would be a joint effort.. a sisterhood.. its a beautiful idea.

We live just outside Atlanta now but I would love to relocate out west..We’re also practicing Muslims but we’re open minded and respect all beliefs and backgrounds.  If any of yall are interested let me know. In the meantime,  I will be saving $$ and learning skills. ..btw I’m studying nursing now but does anyone know where I might take some permaculture online courses.? Thanks for the post…I had been entertaining these thoughts for a while, it’s nice to have a little validation once in a while that Im not totally fru fru….sorry if I’m ramblin too but its 5 am and another sleepless night trying to make sense of it all..

beast
    Participant

if you wanna learn to do for yourse;f hijabimomma i can help
    just ask and ill reply
    good luck with the younguns, if they arent teens yet they will love the new life
    ita a grand adventure

Belle
    Participant

I am so incredibly new to this. Still completely “on-grid” but me and my best gal pal are looking into making the switch. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to learn anything you are willing to share with me as ladies already living the better life. Any tips or need to know stuff for someone just getting into it? My name is Belle and I am almost 24 and have an almost 2 yr old son. Would love to make the change sooner than later so that for one thing he can grow up with a more simple and beautiful life.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.