Media Workers and TV Researchers - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Single women living off grid

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    beast
    Participant

lol cahow, i really wish she would

sa95691
    Participant

I lived off the grid when I was young and now that my kids are grown and I am single I want to go back to living that life.  It was free and simple.  I lived in northern Nevada then and I loved it.  I wish I never left there.

beast
    Participant

im trying to start an otg community sa95691, looking at NM land for now but that could change

rbonuc29
    Participant

Being single off grid must be tough but there could be worse things.  buy a dog it lowers the blood pressure of being single..  lloll..

I

have been doing studies here in miami running models and analysis as i always do. And in the best case i mean best of call cases considering my student loan plus just living here, and 10 percent a year in inflation. plus housing and everything else and taxxes. I would have to dig up about 300 to 400 k over the next 5 years. Just a daunting task. At a minimum it forces specultation meaning stocks, real estate endless amount of odd jobs and protecting any job i have like a hawk. thats just to reach 45 k after taxxes. Just a slave system like the book said. It makes this life more and more appealing. however like every new yorker new jersey guy….all i know ever since birth is urban life.

So how does a new yorker which is even more urban than any of you. how does a new yorker who was institutionlized urban born, and raised that system (rasied to believe) is perfect so long as you contribute.

How does the new yorker urbanite We are the marines of the urban world if you will…..lloll…

How do we  make the break which is more unqiue Than any of you. i live in miami now and ill ive know my whole life is urban world. how do i make the leap of faith into a world of self sustainment and lets face it away from from urban centers i think our cases are more unique. You know chicago, La miami new york new jersey.

I mean we are hard core institutionlized urbanites…

rbonuc29
    Participant

but with that comment i made i also fully acknowledge that cost benefit end part of the system if for me at least officially  comprimised. There barely if any is a benefit anymore to contributing into the industrilized post 20 th century system.

beast
    Participant

what ya do is make up your mind, roll up your sleeves, and start living the simple life
    if youre truly serious it dont take long and you forget the other way

MIssRoxy@gmail.com
    Participant

I am a single woman. Been living simply for 5 years now in East Tennessee. I am not totally off grid, I do have electric,however I have had enough trees cut down now that I may be able to start looking at solar panels and I am finally able to have a garden.I live in a small house which I have slowly been adding on to, it’s now up to 488 sq ft. I use a sawdust toilet as I do not have running water. I am happy here, however it can be very hard being alone. But, I don’t have to worry about building regulations or nosy neighbors and everything is paid for so no one can ever take my home away from me as long as I pay the taxes!

beast
    Participant

good for you miss roxy, thats awesome

Guncha
    Participant

So happy to read all your stories, it is  encouraging.  I  live in different part of the world( Central Asian country). where  electricity, gas and gasolin( 1100 liters per year for one car) is  free.  If I start sharing  about my dream to  live off grid,  people will not understnad me.  Therefore this forum( website ) is very useful for me, for communication with like -minded people

WrethaOffGrid
    Participant

Just curious Guncha, you said electricity, gas and gasoline are free, please tell me about how taxes work in your country… I don’t believe anything that is produced by another can be free, someone is paying for it somewhere…

Wretha

I was wondering – did anyone here ever go to one of the all-women off-grid communities that have been in existence for the past decade?

Guncha
    Participant

Wretha we pay only 10%.  Entrepreneurs pay even less. All our free staff comes from our natural resources.  We have huge natural gas and oil resources. 

rbonuc29
    Participant

wretha i gotta add that i dont believe the idea of our community should be to strike a position against industrialized america. in fact i would advocate moving away from that. I dont think we want to appear or come off as jilted lovers. it is flawed it has always been flawed its just more flawed during our time more than ever. The idea of our community i think? is how to i think have a good divorce from them. best way to survive easily and sustainabily. So if its easier To work for 2 days and buy your clothing for the year. Than it is to shave 3 sheep. im all for it. There are some things that are just easier in industrialized america and more practical. But the chief things, such as energy, food, raw materials,  and the benefit of working for them just isnt anymore.

rbonuc29
    Participant

to clear my post up a bit. a good divorce has good communication with the former partner. I some times see you guys say ,, ohhh i would never buy that cause it made from them. I think my feeling is, like i said, a good divorce One which says so long as we dont need them, For energy food and land. I dont see to much of a problem using them for other stuff. clothing, some plastics, some household items. My off grid model does not include a total divorce from Industrial america.  but it def includes one from land energy food. The rest im open too.

WrethaOffGrid
    Participant

Guncha, does that include property tax, income tax, sales tax and such? Who pays the companies who are giving out all this free stuff? I have no problem with free stuff, I just know that nothing is free, someone is paying for it or there is some slave labor going on somewhere, and even slaves have to be fed, clothed and sheltered… if your government has figured out a way to give away free stuff without cheating anyone or taxing their people to death, I’d sure love to hear about it…

Wretha

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.