MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Single Parents Off-Grid

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  countrywriter7 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

leahh
    Participant

Please tell me if you are off-grid already or wanting to go off-grid.  I want to network. I think it is a whole different situation going off-grid if you are a single mother.  I don’t think people understand how it works! Going to work, education for the kids, chores, dealing with emergencies. I live in the city and I still need the help from family members and friends once in a while. Car trouble, getting stranded, picking up a sick child when Im at work, going to the hospital, dog gets loose and lost, etc. It isnt so easy when it is ONE ADULT in the home.   How are you dealing off-grid with you and the kids?

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Hmmmm, that’s tough, but not impossible, living off grid doesn’t necessarily mean living isolated (though it can), I suspect you could have your network of helpers, friends, family, neighbors in an off grid situation just like you do living on grid.

I wish I could have raised my son off grid, it was my dream ever since I was a little girl, I am fortunate enough to be able to live off grid now, my hubby and I are empty nesters and grandparents, our families live 500 miles away, we would like to get our families out here for more than just a visit. I believe if I had another child to raise, I would be able to do it off grid with no problems at all.

Wretha

countrywriter7
    Participant

I am looking to go off-grid. I’m a single parent also. Right now, I’m looking for land. I have several places I’m looking at. Just wanted to connect with other single parents who have done this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.