MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Power save issue for Wind -Solar Hybrid off-grid system

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Indie-Green 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Greener
    Participant

I am using both Solar panel and Wind turbine as a off-grid system at home. It is a ducted wind turbine. Compared with the other wind turbines, it seems smaller and quieter. It is pretty good. I love it. For the solar panel, I found that it is hard for me to do the maintenance. It is difficult for me to wipe the dust on the surface of the solar panel. Therefore, I am considering to buy wind turbine system only next time.

However, few days ago, I found that my old battery seems broken. Now I am looking for a new eco-battery to storage the extra power as a back-up power. Some people suggest me to buy a deep-cycle battery. Is it a good choice?

Indie-Green
    Participant

>Some people suggest me to buy a deep-cycle battery. Is it a good choice?

Yes. Deep-cycle batteries are more expensive than other batteries, but they should last much longer for your application. The initial cost for other types of batteries might be lower, but over time you’ll spend more because you have to replace them so frequently.

Ana Douglas

http://www.indie-green.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.