MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion power for barn/camp

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gdavis 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

gdavis
    Participant

i need a solultion for very limited power needs for a barn that we use as a family camp/cabin.

we get direct sun and the barn is located on summit land in the SE Va. mountains at approx. 4000ft. elevation.

we will only use the barn for a few days at a time and at most 2x month. While it would be nice to have a small refrigerator there, this is not an absolute. Really just need power for a couple of lights, maybe a small appliace or two (coffee maker, I-pod speakers), an occasional power tool for projects, and maybe a pump for water collected in rains cistern for showers and clean up (hands, dishes).

No big deal if power runs low and happy to add a small generator to bridge any gaps we have. Will generally use lanters and non-electric tools anyway. Thinking that a tankless LP water heater will suit any need for hot water.

So it seems to me that a small solar sytem will work but I cn’t find a turnkey solution and don’t have the time, energy or handyman skills to assemble one myself.

Any suggestiions? And trust me..I need hand holding. When I say suggestions, I really need part by part details on what to buy.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.