Off Grid Home Forums Technical Discussion Portable solar power system for farmers market

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SolarGuy

Hello, I would like to run a small portable juicer at the farmers market and would like to know if there is a portable solar panel capable of producing enough energy to run it and what kind of equipment I would need.

Thanks!

SolarGuy
    j_pigden
    Participant

If you live in Arizona and hook up a battery and leave it out in the sun all week and only use it on weekends.

Look at your juicer and see how much energy it uses.

Look at the USGS web site for the solar gain figures for your location.

Look at the specs for the system and see what the % conversion efficiency to expect.

Divide the total current flow hours needed by the solar gain then multiply by the % efficiency to get the time you need to run the solar system to get the needed power. Don’t forget to multiply by the efficiency percentages of each device in your system. This tells you how much battery you need and how long you need to run the charger.

Don’t forget to allow for low energy days!

Is one brand better than another. I’ve been scouring Amazon also for viable products. Sunforce? Sungei? Sungard? Sunflowers???

mamos
    Participant

How about building a geared, hand cranked Juicer

Now that would be cool

mamos

manola
    Participant

Thank you for your posts.

sonnerie portable gratuite

Anonymous
    Inactive

Take a look at

https://zumbador.com

looks like these generators will work well in a farmers market.

QZ

elnav

Qingzhen I just tried to order one for a customer but was informed they were not available at this time. Have you got an alternative source?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.