MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Poll: Do you buy anything in bulk?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  beast 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Yes or no? If yes, then what do you buy in bulk and how do you store it?

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

For me, the answer is yes, I do buy in bulk when I can… just hit Sam’s Club and bought paper goods, toilet paper, face tissue (nose wipe) and paper towels. I also buy my sugar in bulk from there.

I store the excess paper goods in the metal tower on the roof. I repackage the sugar into empty creamer containers, I buy the large creamers from Sam’s, I seldom toss anything that might be useful, including empty containers.

I buy dry tortilla mix in bulk, I store it in a large plastic jug with a snap on lid.

I buy macaroni noodles and spaghetti noodles in bulk, store them the same way as the dry tortilla mix.

I’m looking at a case of Ramen noodles, they come in their own box that doesn’t take up that much room so I store them as they come.

I also buy some of my herbs (medicinal and culinary) in bulk, I have a capsule filler to fill my own pills and I save the bottles the herbs come in to refill.

Can’t think of anything else right now, but I’m sure something else will come to mind, I’ll post it here if it does.

Wretha

caverdude
    Participant

I think prepper’s need a warehouse with pallet racks and a fork lift :)  Oh maybe we need a dock and need to order truck loads too. Right now I have do not buy in bulk anything. No real storage space.

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

I don’t have much in the way of storage space, at least not dedicated storage space, the joke around my place is we need build more walls so we can install more shelves. :)

I have no closets, no enclosed cabinets, we have shelves, shelves and more shelves…

Wretha

beast
    Participant

i grow in bulk…lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.