MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Phidgets programmable controllers

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  elnav 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

caverdude
    Participant

caverdude
    Participant

I thought at least Elnav would touch this one.

elnav

I did look but am still thinking about if and how this would interface with Arduino boards. Perhaps I have created the wrong impression.

I am not a techie for technologys sake.

When I worked on boats I spent my week days playing with rich peoples toys.

I spent my week-ends on a sail boat which did not even have a radio on board.

I wrote articles about the latest high tech navigation gear but never bothered to install any of the free samples on my boat. I preferred it simple.

elnav

Larry what did you plan on using such a thing for?

caverdude
    Participant

I’m not sure just yet what I want to do with it, the guy that told me about it wants to use it to monitor a mushroom farm.

I’d say our primary interest is in monitoring gardening and green house stuff.

I’d just like to get it and try it out. I have always been interested in programmable controllers. Just never wanted to mess with ladder logic.

I’d like to use this for some home automation maybe. Smart home type stuff. Automated shading etc. More automated ventilation control.

I’d also like to use it for some energy efficiency design experiments. Stove design, oven design, rocket mass stove design etc.

http://larrydgray.wordpress.com

elnav

I now have the manual but I must have missed it. I was looking for how long the wires to a sensor can be.

The temperature sensors for a woodstove could be a challenge given the range they have to meet. Special insulation wires like the pyro on truch engines.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.