MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Our Off Grid Homestead

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bwingler 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

bwingler
    Participant

WooHoo today i got our solar panel array up and the deep freeze conversion works like a dream, we now have refrigeration :)

440 watts, 470 ah battery bank, 450 watt wind generator, 1000 watt inverter.

desert deb
    Participant

Yeahhh no more trips for ice for you.

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Good for you! We have been using our freezer-fridge conversion for quite some time now, it does work great, especially on limited power. The only problem we have with it, and it’s not a big problem, is water condensation, every now and again I have to remove all of the food and wipe it down, don’t try using towels in the bottom, we tried that, it will begin smelling in very short order.

Wretha

Sylvia
    Participant

Proud for you. I think only your fellow off-gridders get how much pride and enthusiasm you feel. I still remember clearly the day we finally finished our solar. We wrote the date and our initials on the wall by the battery bank. Good luck.

bwingler
    Participant

Desert Deb is the best!!!! Ty so much for all your help and friendship, its so nice having a friend out here to visit with. We got our chickens and turkeys today thanks to your help making the pens Deb :)

I will be over the first of the week to work on the water pump for you and to haul water for ya :)

All is going good on the homestead

desert deb
    Participant

Thank you. I cant wait to see the critters. See ya later.

desert deb
    Participant

Thank you for the water today, so excited i think ill move in tomarow.whoo hoo. And you have no clue how much you helped with the pump. I cant find words for that, as you know. Lets build a house next weekend. What do you say? See ya soon.

bwingler
    Participant

We got alot of framing done today and Thanks to Desert Deb for coming over and helping us all day, the power drill and the fence post thumper sure made it alot easier.

We got 6 cochin chickens and 3 royal palm turkeys now, both the turkey hens are laying eggs and the tom sure displays his stuff, struting around and gobbling.

desert deb
    Participant

Had great fun especially with jack. Now i cant wait for the chickens. I guess its on to real walls now, yeah you will be in a house real soon.

bwingler
    Participant

Hi all i started a blog with pictures its at http://www.homesteading-arizona.blogspot.com check it out!

desert deb
    Participant

Heads up phone went by the same disaster as the computer. Byby phone. Let you know when replaced.

desert deb
    Participant

Ok 15 foot long longest panel hope that helps.

bwingler
    Participant

Ok thanks Deb, As soon as we get a check i will be over, running low on gas right now. Hope you get a phone soon :) We miss ya!

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Hey Deb, I must have missed something somewhere, what happened to your phone and computer???

Wretha

desert deb
    Participant

Well about 8months ago i accidently dumped a coke into computer and crashed it by the speed of light. Two weeks ago i accidently dropped phone in glass of tea, it however took all night to die. It felt like a scene from an old cpr code, it would go black and 5seconds later it would light up again, then dark again took half the night to die. Poor phone. Im sure ive mentioned somewhere that i am technically challeged. It seems i cant hang on to anything either. To wingler: any time good weekends best, not working then.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.