MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion OPEN intentional community in TN

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  unexpectedjam 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

fizz
    Participant

What the land is now is a big field, woods, creeks, and a pond. There are people that live out there with just the basics, which is not for everyone. A lot of people come and go. People are encouraged to build and work towards not only bettering their living conditions/lives but that of everyone there, while also always working towards helping and <span class=”text_exposed_show”>accommodating others. The land is the first of many of its type. These land will serve many purposes depending on who is involved and what they want to do. The main focus will be on sustainability and helping others on and off the lands. We want to do things as cheap (or free) as possible while still keeping a productive pace. The hope is if we provide people with the space and resources needed they will learn how to work together and make the world a better place from the ground up. some of the ways the lands might do this is by providing free goods and resources, having work shops and example’s for people to learn from, building community, networking and setting a good example.</span>

WSC37412
    Participant

Where are you in Tennessee?

unexpectedjam
    Participant

Greetings!

I am a 37 yr old male seeking an off-grid opportunity. I don’t have much money at all, but I do have skills and experience which could prove valuable. What I’m hoping to find is like-minded folk(s) who are willing to share their land in exchange for my labor, music and friendship.

I have lived in 2 other intentional communities and loved it!

I’ve lived in my tent in the backcountry of the Cascade Mountains for the better part of a year doing environmental conservation and restoration. This work taught me much about living off the land and how to protect and revive it.

I’ve also lived in a straw-bale house on a sutainable farm in Colorado, managing livestock, pastures and irrigation. This amazing year taught me much of the necessities in farming and sustainable agriculture.

Carpentry has been my on and off trade for over a decade and I can pretty much build anything out of wood!

Beyond that, I am a life-long singer/songwriter/musician who is in love with music and even more, loves to share music with others.

I need to find a community or someone who is starting a community of off-grid living, where I can utilize all of my skills and help to promote and grow the community further.

I would be happy to answer any of the questions you may have.

unexpectedjam@gmail.com

~keep it warm & take it light~

Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.