MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion One possible plan of mine….we shall see :)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  elnav 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Treetopsjen
    Participant

Heydyho All!

Aim: to live off-grid in the back of a minibus, simply parked in a ‘normal’ town, with a job in the charity sector, still part of ‘normal’ society.

I would like to live out the above aim for several reasons. It all initially arose out of the idea that this lifestyle is a more suited match to my life outlook than having a mortgage for a house or giving lots of money to a more-likely-than-not already well-off landlord/lady.

All the other reasons are summed up very nicely in Nick Rosen’s book “How to live Off-grid”; mainly environmentalism as I intend the minibus to be powered by used vegetable oil and the few things I will utilise inside to be powered by a small solar panel. The slot where I live will not be permanently taking up yet more land either. Also, I believe this lifestyle offers a sense of freedom, adventure & independence. It will save a lot of money that can, instead, in my opinion, be spent on more life-fulfilling activities & donated to charity too. Being a creator in life.

Please read the longer version (located on the homepage of this website at time of writing) for more detailed information on my reasoning and my budget plan. If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to post them here

Many thanks for reading! :)

Jenny.

elnav

Jenny what kind of winter climate will you be experiencing at the location you plan to reside at? This will have a significant impact on the choices you need to make for equipment and RV housing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.