Media Workers and TV Researchers - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Off the Grid in Arizona

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MichelleFromNE
    Participant

My husband and I are are planning on moving to the southwest for our retirement.  We’ve had our share of freezing, hazardous winters in the northeast.

We are particularly interested in Arizona as our eldest son and his family lives in Phoenix. We’d much prefer a couple hour car trip to their place to visit the grand kids, rather than having to fly across the country.

We’re new to this forum, and are interested in a more natural life style. Living off the grid appeals to us.  I’m pretty resourceful and my husband is very handy. Doing away with many of the trappings of modern living does not represent a big sacrafice, nor a major change from our already modest life style.  Our plans are to invest in a tiny house, with ample solar panels to meet our frugal energy needs as we settle into more environmentally conscious living arrangements.

As we’re looking for land in Arizona I wonder if any members of this forum could suggest areas in AZ that would be suitable for setting up an off-the-grid homestead. We would be interested in both the pro’s and con’s about suggested areas. Looking forward to your feedback.

Michelle

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.