MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion off-grid the hard way

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  caverdude 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

elnav

We have been forced to live in cab of pickup truck this past month. long story for later. Bottom line; priority is #1 sanitation, #2 lights for after sundown, and lastly battery management.

despite my background ther is a learning curve especiaally coping with medical condition. The medication to help my condition simply made it worse. I can’t stand up and keep falling over. Going to doctor every couple of days ties us to this area.

I am keeping notes and hopefully can post more details later. i am limite4d to 30 minutes per day at library computer.

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Prayers for you elnav, hopefully this will be temporary and you can get back to your life. Keep us updated on what is going on.

Wretha

erFiodena
    Participant

I am sorry to read all this elnav.

If there is any way I can help, just drop me a line.

I hope this is only temporary and I wish you the best!

caverdude
    Participant

http://www.minimalintentions.com/ this friend of mine wrote some articles about how he lived from his truck/van. The first year he owned his lot. He then shows in some articles there how he built a 20′ diameter geodesic dome. I’ve been in it many times and it is very comfortable. If you count the trampoline it has near 400ft2 of space. Though the floor is around 350ft2 of space. His electric bill is small, usually greatest in summer when he uses the window unit a/c from time to time.

http://blog.larrydgray.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.