MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to

Home Forums General Discussion Off Grid North Wales (UK)?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NomadicWolf 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve had a look through the map and I’m surprised not to see a single ad for the entire North Wales. Seems like an obvious place to go off grid, why no interested parties?

I’m a 27 yo male looking to go off grid ASAP. As close to Chester as possible (so probably North Wales). Ideally I would do this alone, however I don’t really have the construction or other skills to do so (although I’m physically able, not entirely un-handy and I have my own money to put in).

I’d be interested to see if there is anyone with land to sell or rent or would be interested in doing so with me? As I say ideally someone with some off the grid know-how would be ideal.

Hi Colin,

I have looked into going off grid in Wales and would be interested to chat with you further. Please email me at

It’s a good point, North Wales seems at first an ideal place to setup off grid but you run in to the same legislation issues here as you do everywhere else in the UK. Wales is supposed to have more relaxed rules for this kind of thing but there are many hoops to jump through, the first being the right type of land in the right location. That being said, if a group were motivated enough maybe it could be done, after all it wouldn’t be the first time. I too am interested in a project in North Wales, I live there right now but obviously not off grid yet:( Have you done any in depth research yet?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.