MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Off Grid near California beaches?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Barryco 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Barryco
    Participant

I am seekign sites or locations near the California beaches, Northern or Southern CA. Does anyone know of such places to go off-grid?

Thanks

centralpafarm
    Participant

There are thousands of off grid places along the northern Calif coast. Its terribly foggy though each morning but it usually does burn off and becomes bright and shinning. I would go there but don’t just go walking off alone or you may get shot because most there grow herb and well they are very protective. I left there in 81 and then went back in 2004 til 2006 bt left again because i am not into growing herb for profit. I know places you could go to but i would need to know more about you before i would mention them. Are you seeking an herb growing place or other?

Jp101010
    Participant

Me and my hubby are also looking for land to purchase in CA , I am waiting on confirmatory lab results for a progressive neurodegenerative terminal disease that has only one known treatment- Cannabinoids! so a 215 property for us would be essential – we hope to stay in the middle of the state , although all the cheap land so far that i have found is in modoc county which is 12 hours from some family of mine that live in orange and i do believe its snows in winter? desert and snowy areas are out (we have a flock of chickens , a pet pig and a bunch of small dogs).. we want to stay somewhat inland to keep the price of the land to an affordable amount. I am just now considering finding a realtor since there is sooo much footwork involved in finding land suitable to go off the grid comfortably makes my head spin between county ordinance , code ,cultivation and animal restrictions , zoning , etc… we are thinking about going semi off the grid , as in , having an electric pole but supplementing with solar and i want land that has some sort of water underneath to tap a well in the future…

any suggestions on good places to search cheap raw secluded land OR realtors who specialize in cheap off the grid land?

Barryco
    Participant

How do you find such places near the borders of California or close in near Palm springs, desert…?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.