Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 246 total)
  • Author

Hi Holly, you should contact Nick directly about this.

https://offgriddev.wpengine.com/about-us/

My personal reaction to producers looking for fresh meat, folk for their documentaries, I will tell you it’s not going to be easy, not around here anyhow, most the folk here are either wanting to live off-grid (ie not doing it yet) or they are long timers at living off-grid, most of us have seen the documentary reality shows and quite frankly it’s more about drama and less about reality, I think I am speaking for most here, we don’t want to be part of that circus act, not to mention the privacy issues, no thank you. I still wish you good luck with your venture.

Thanks,
    Wretha

TheGreenGypsy
    Participant

Hi Greg,

My name is Isabel, I live in Montgomery County, MD and have been looking to go off-grid for a while now. I am 30 years old and ready to grow my own food with my organic heirloom seeds! ;-)

Please contact me at thegreengypsy05@gmail.com, I would love to share ideas and info on how to off-grid in Maryland.

-Isabel

hollyb
    Participant

Dear Wretha,

Thank you for coming back to me. I will contact Nick direct. Just to clarify, I’m not looking for any ‘fresh meat’ I’m in fact looking for long timers who have been doing this for years. The idea behind this documentary is that it will be entirely self shot from the people – there will be no crew, it will be intimate, accurate and controlled by the participants themselves. We are an award winning company with specific expertise in documentaries and we’ve never had a complaint from any of our participants on any of the 100 plus programmes we have made. I appreciate your feedback but I would have really have liked the opportunity to reach out to members direct for their feedback.

Regards,

Holly

12vman
    Participant

I believe that I gave you an invite a while back, Holly. But, there was no response..

I can only guess that I frightened you when I said a 4WD was a necessity to gain access here.. LOL

Thanks, Wretha.. Well said..  ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi, very interested in going off-grid I from the southeast England would like to know more about this in Somerset?

Jdc
    Participant

Read some books.  Amazon.  Off the grid.  Recent ones.  They are written by ex urbanites like you.  Different story than you might imagine.

Jdc
    Participant

Left the city 12 years ago.  No skills.  Little money.  I was 56.  Recommend leaving before then.  It wass hard but its done now and it is heaven.  You need $1500 a month after house and land done.  $2500 and you live high off the hog.  Hint: you do not need to buy land.  Or rent.  But I did.  Probably would not again.  Read books about modern couples going feral.  Amazon.  Kindle.  Then go!

Jdc
    Participant

West coast of BC.  Wild.  Free.  Lots of OTG’ers to live with, learn the ropes.  Find them by WOOFing.  Go there and work with them for a few weeks.  If you like it, ask to stay.  Many will say yes.  Stay a year and move on.  Fastest way to get a real degree in OTG. Good luck.

Jdc
    Participant

I live OTG west coast.  Remote island.  Very good.  Love it.  Suggestion: go be a WOOFer for awhile in the area.  Learn.  Buy local.  Most land is not listed.  You do not need a group.  Plenty of experience already out here.

Jdc
    Participant

West coast.  BC.  Remote island.  No ferry.  Town shop monthly.  Netflix.  Satellite.  4×4 on mainland.  Kids in city.  Cellphone.  No one is OFF every grid.  But we have achieved the independence and health we sought.  Read the OTG books.  They vary in grids but not satisfaction.

joannagw
    Participant
    chowan
    Participant

Sure take care of them check water etc and they should be fine biggest problem for batteries in over depletionj and over charge if you have a good charge controler you should be fine.

chowan
    Participant

Hi Nick yes it is good to have it back I will try to add back a lot of the information we have lost what happened? don@swordmaking.com

cyberops27
    Participant

A perfect partner for the beach.

LukeWright
    Participant

The same method applies according to the tough process. POP, IMAP, and other similar emailing-related terms and setting up a mail client on an Android device. UK dissertation writing service researchers insight and knowledge into the consider this method as well as Settings apps.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 246 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.