MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums First Aid Nigella sativa

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  WrethaOffGrid 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

aka black seed, black cumin seed, this seems to have been heavily tested and it would appear to have lots of medicinal qualities, and it’s cheap!

nigella sativa This little seed is known to take care of a whole laundry list of ailments, I have not tried it personally but I find that as a general rule, the things I need tend to come to me or come to my attention when I need it, I have seen info on this before but this time it jumped out at me. BTW, that “little voice” has never led me wrong.

While reading about this, I hesitate to post everything I am finding it can do for fear of people turning off because it seems too good to be true, I can tell you if it does even a tiny portion of what they claim it can do, then this is a near miracle supplement. There is a lot of info on the internet, just do a search for it and I’m sure you will learn everything you wish to know about it.

Here is a short list of what I have read about just today:
    kills MRSA,
    heals the chemical weapon poisoned body,
    stimulates regeneration of the dying beta cells within the diabetic’s pancreas

That last one is of particular interest to me, not because I am having trouble with that, but I have a good friend who is, we have been working on going more natural, getting away from as many prescription meds as safely possible, there are some that she just isn’t going to be able to get off, but with the problems of Obama care, some of the meds she has been on forever that have been no problem for her in the past all of a sudden aren’t covered by her insurance, no appeal, no explanation, just boom, not covered anymore… so between that and just trying to get healthy, we have been gently and cautiously working with natural supplements, foods and such to ease her body into a healthier state.

Here is what else I read today that caught my eye, found on this site http://www.realfarmacy.com/black-seed-the-remedy-for-everything-but-death/:

Type 2 Diabetes: Two grams of black seed a day resulted in reduced fasting glucose, decreased insulin resistance, increased beta-cell function, and reduced glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) in human subjects.

Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Black seeds possess clinically useful anti-H. pylori activity, comparable to triple eradication therapy.

Epilepsy: Black seeds were traditionally known to have anticonvulsive properties. A 2007 study with epileptic children, whose condition was refractory to conventional drug treatment, found that a water extract significantly reduced seizure activity.

High Blood pressure: The daily use of 100 and 200 mg of black seed extract, twice daily, for 2 months, was found to have a blood pressure-lowering effect in patients with mild hypertension.

Asthma: Thymoquinone, one of the main active constituents within Nigella sativa (black cumin), is superior to the drug fluticasone in an animal model of asthma.[vi] Another study, this time in human subjects, found that boiled water extracts of black seed have relatively potent antiasthmatic effect on asthmatic airways.

Acute tonsillopharyngitis: characterized by tonsil or pharyngeal inflammation (i.e. sore throat), mostly viral in origin, black seed capsules (in combination with Phyllanthus niruri) have been found to significantly alleviate throat pain, and reduce the need for pain-killers, in human subjects.

Chemical Weapons Injury: A randomized, placebo-controlled human study of chemical weapons injured patients found that boiled water extracts of black seed reduced respiratory symptoms, chest wheezing, and pulmonary function test values, as well as reduced the need for drug treatment.

Colon Cancer: Cell studies have found that black seed extract compares favorably to the chemoagent 5-fluoruracil in the suppression of colon cancer growth, but with a far higher safety profile. Animal research has found that black seed oil has significant inhibitory effects against colon cancer in rats, without observable side effects.

MRSA: Black seed has anti-bacterial activity against clinical isolates of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus.

Opiate Addiction/Withdrawal: A study on 35 opiate addicts found black seed as an effective therapy in long-term treatment of opioid dependence.

I found a pound container of organic black seed, nigella sativa on Amazon for a good price, this is something I am going to get and use. You can get it in pill form, but this is much cheaper, if I want it in pill form I can use my capsule filling machine to fill my own capsules, I would grind it first in my coffee grinder to get more into the capsule.

Has anyone else used this or heard about it???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.