MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion New Dawn Project, near Albuquerque, NM

Tagged: 

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  caverdude 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

New Dawn Project
    Participant

Welcome Home!

New Dawn Project is a small intentional community outside of Albuquerque, NM.
    What we are able to offer you is a place to live, work, and grow where you can be both autonomous and cooperative. This refuge is a place where you can take your time, put in effort, express your creativity, get dirty, get frustrated, practice patience, talk, lay in the sun, learn new skills, practice your existing skills, share, dig, build, tear down, rebuild, and look into yourself. We’ve done some of this already and we want to do more.

beast
    Participant

lots of hype, no real info, sounds like a sales pitch for a scam
    if youre real try to do a bit better eh?

New Dawn Project
    Participant

We’re here.  It’s real.  What “info” are you wanting to know?

-Ray

ladyapril
    Participant

how many people in your group?

New Dawn Project
    Participant

today: 9 adults, 3 children

tomorrow: we shall see…

some here and more on the way are just “guest” status while we see if it is a good permanent fit.

we welcome others to do the same.  bring a tent but be assured you will have all modern conveniences at your disposal.

Eric T Daniels
    Participant

We have received a few direct invites to check out peoples communities, as you say to see if we fit. Unless the drive is within an hour it’s not economical for most people with children to do. We have friend who already have set up groups and are well on their way toward their dreams. We look forward to revisiting them when we can, however they aren’t a fit for us. They all are great folks and we will always value their friendship. It would be nice if people who are looking to gain some valued members to their group or community to have a basic idea of what their plan is and be able to express that to would be members.

The basic’s

Structure of guidelines and how people resolve differences. There are many experiments in communal living that have failed miserably trying to figure out things out.

New Dawn Project
    Participant

I am sorry if the information we have shared does not answer all of your questions.  Feel free to contact us any time and ask anything you want to know.  There is far more structure and plan then what may appear and we are glad to share whatever we feel is appropriate with anyone who has an honest interest.

ladyapril
    Participant

Might be a dumb question(bear with this newbie)–I noticed your site said your rainbow children/people? Can someone please explain to me what that is..?

New Dawn Project
    Participant

wirerat123
    Participant

Best way to explain “Rainbow Family” is a nice hybrid of Hippie, Indian culture, vagabond, but mostly modern day hippie culture. That’s not really a bad thing, it’s just that you need to fit in or else some of the people will drive you batty, and others will make you realize just how wonderful these types of people can be. It’s a mixed bag, most of the people are people who seriously just want peace on earth and to live in harmony with one another, the fringe are people who are just looking to latch onto what they think is a permanent party atmosphere. I’ve attended a rainbow gathering near Talladega National Forest once, the inner areas were mostly peace/love hippie types, and the outer areas were full of alcohol swilling, loud and disrespectful party animals. If you can get through the idiots around the outer edges of the gathering the inner groups are typically pretty awesome folks.

You could likely rest comfortably with the assumption that those looking to build a community are not including the party animal types that follow it around just to party.

New Dawn Project
    Participant

wirerat123,

Well said.  I think your assessment is pretty much completely accurate, including the assumption that we are definitely not the “party animal” (A camp) types, nor are we looking for people that are.  Thanks for helping to explain!

beast
    Participant

what I am most interested to know is how much land you have and how many you plan to support on it?

New Dawn Project
    Participant

beast: that is a great question.  One that we would probably like to do just a little bit of get-to-know-you first to answer completely.

So, please feel free to contact us directly: http://newdawnnm.info/contact-us.html

Hope to hear from you!

TUF
    Participant

I have been thinking about contacting you.

I am an American living in Taiwan. I have been learning to grow fruits and vegetables here since 2002. I am 43 years old and have a wife and a 6 year old son. We plan on going off the grid after we get debt free, about a year or a little more.

You can check out my page, Taichung Urban Farmers, to see what I am about and can tell me if my family would fit in.

New Dawn Project
    Participant

Hey TUF! Sorry for the slow response.  I can’t tell exactly what role you are playing with the Taichung Urban Farmers.  But it looks like an amazing project that is probably well ahead of us in terms of self-sustainability.

No matter what, I would say your experience there makes you a very likely good fit for New Dawn Project!

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>Please feel free to contact us directly: </span>http://newdawnnm.info/contact-us.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.