MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion MTD Solar Heating

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  JC 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JC
    Participant

Modified Trickle Down solar heating is a revolutionary, low cost solar heating concept that heats water directly rather than transferring heat indirectly through copper absorber plates or copper flow tubes. It’s a trickle down open loop system similar to Harry E. Thompson’s original “Trickle Down Solar Roof” with a few exceptions. Harry used the entire surface area of a corrugated metal roof covered with glass to heat water. An MTD solar roof also uses the trickle down method to harvest heat, but individual MTD collectors are pressed together in an array to form the solar roof.

John

http://www.jc-solarhomes.com

JC
    Participant

This experimental MTD shed in my Long Island back yard is being used to gather data throughout the winter. it’s framed with 2×3’s and sheathed with inexpensive Luan. Luan as you know is not waterproof BUT if you give it a few coats of KILTZ it should last long enough to collect the data I need. I used solid insulation scraps on the inside so the R factor for the 8 x12 shed is about 1 if you take into account air infiltration and other factors.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.