MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Moving within the EU

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  babydoll22 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Nimwey
    Participant

We’re two people in Sweden wanting to move abroad to live off-grid in a better (= warmer) climate, and on the list are of course other European countries, like Spain and France.

I was under the impression that any EU citizen can move freely within the EU – but apparently no, we’re free to WORK without a permit, but not live in a different country longer than 90 days at a time.

Normally, people have two options: Work, or live off welfare. We’re obviously not gonna do either, but live off our own land. So we won’t work, but still not be a drain on the country – what are the regulations for this?
    Has anyone done this? If so, how? Moving within the European Union, and live off your own land, not working for money.

I guess starting a business would be an option, but it’s not preferable.

babydoll22
    Participant

I’m not sure why you are under the impression that you can’t live in an EU country for more than 90 days at a time… You can live without paying tax for 90 days but you are free to move permanently to any EU country. I know because I did so myself; I moved to France and spent 6 months there before coming back to the UK.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.