MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Looking for attractive female 18-30 that wants to live the good life!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dock 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

jamesharper
    Participant

I live 100% off the grid in central New Mexico. I am looking for a cute girl who wants to join me. I make a great living working from home on the internet. You will want for nothing as my companion and I only expect you to be nice and fun in return. I live 65 miles from the nearest major town but I have a small plane here and a dirt runway so trips are not too bad. If this sounds interesting to you email me at cropjamesharper@gmail.com Please include a picture and you will get mine in return.

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Soooo, your only, or most important criteria is that she be “cute”??? Can’t imagine you are going to get very many quality responses to that kind of request… good luck.

You might want to consider changing your wording, you could specify an age range as you did, but instead of saying cute or attractive, you could ask for healthy, and still ask to see a picture, if she isn’t attractive to you, then you can go from there… “attractive” and “cute” are after all in the eye of the beholder. It sounds like you are pretty far from hospitals and doctors, that’s reason enough for not wanting to move someone in with you who has health issues.

Wretha

Dustoffer
    Participant

You are actually allowing this puke to post???  WTH!

looking2live
    Spectator

JamesSharper   You are not off the grid with your job, paying taxes, electric bill and I am betting even water bill. If the lady has to be “cute” I bet you are shallow enough to check if she shaves her legs every day and lets be real here, an off grid chick is gunna have a mustache and be part grizzly bear. You cant handle offgridding and should go back to your RV since the squirrel scared you out of your tent.  A plane off grid, who do u think you are? DB Cooper?

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Dustoffer, I have no problem with him posting here, I hope my reply makes his stop and think about how shallow his post seems to be… let’s see where else this goes before clicking on the delete button :)

looking2live, I will say that there are differing opinions about what is “off grid”, I have had people question my claim of being off grid because I have internet and a computer, I do consider myself off grid, I have no utilities of any sort coming to my sky castle, I generate my own power (solar/batteries), I haul my own water, I use propane to cook and heat water, I heat with wood, I use a wireless internet service, the tower is across the valley from me, I have no phone lines, no power lines, no water service… I pay property taxes too. I also shop at a grocery store for most of my food… I say I am 100% off grid but would never say I am 100% self sufficient, no one can claim that, and I don’t think jamesharper was saying that either… yeah I know, I’m defending someone who appears to be very shallow, while I don’t agree with his requests for a “cute” female companion, I will defend against people saying you are not off grid if you have home generated electricity, internet and such. Being 100% off grid doesn’t mean living in a cave, wearing skins and eating worms. :)

Wretha

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

James, we are all curious as to what you look like, you can post a picture of yourself here, if you don’t know how, you can follow the directions here:
    http://www.www.off-grid.net/forums/topic/how-to-add-pictures-to-a-message/

Wretha

jamesharper
    Participant

Sorry about my post. I did not mean to ignite a firestorm. Generally for me I find honesty is the best policy. The truth is I am not interested in a girl with a mustache that is part grizzly bear. I figured I would be upfront about that in my post. I also admit I am not a purist off-gridder. I have internet, solar electricity, and a well for water. There is no cell service here but I have a sat phone and skype. I also buy most of my food from a store and yes I have a small plane to take into town for that. I make a healthy living partly because I have very little distractions out here and I can really focus on my work. I have 2 cats and a dog, but other than that I gets a little lonely at times. I am hoping there is a girl out there that wants to live that life with me. I really dont want anything in return except a companion. I dont care if you are flat broke, I have plenty of money and I am more than happy to share. Its ok with me if you want to grow, hunt, etc for food and its also ok with me if you dont. All I care about is that you are cute and kind. Anything else about you is ok with me. I am sorry my post sounds so harsh but its brutal honesty I guess.

Dustoffer
    Participant

What girl would want to live without neighbors, and with a selfish profiteering scoundrel?

My wife is 10.5 years younger than me, but beauty is more than skin deep, and she does shave her underarms and legs on solar power.  I had my own Mooney Super 21 during the ’80s when insurance and fuel skyrocketed to making it unaffordable for a family man, and wage stagnation cost dearly by the end of the decade.  My wife and son were part of the going off grid experience and very useful helpers.  There were more friends for her, then most moved out of the area to various places, or died.  Same with most of my friends, but there are still plenty to interact with in the area.

This is not a forum for advertizing to get a foolish young girl, and money can’t buy love.  First look for a friend, and quit profiteering so much.  Greed will get you nowhere.

dock
    Participant

Wow…way to give of an impression…I’m new to this forum and I hope that this is not a reflection of the whole group on how narrow minded the few responses are…Some advice like from Wrethas is respectable from a females standpoint but the rest is garbage….its very ironic coming from a group of people who want to separate from the masses and live as independent self minded individuals, to be so judgemental on how this kid is supposed to live and who he lives with…I’m glad you all have figured it out…maybe you can start a cult following…I’m pulling for you James…goodluck…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.