MEDIA WORKERS AND TV RESEARCHERS - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion let’s cut the cord

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  ujuhuc 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I want to go off the grid for a multitude of reasons. first and foremost because society has slammed evolution into reverse. I can build and maintain all of the systems needed to do this and still have the comfort of technology. if you adhere to any organized religion please stop reading this now and shoot yourself in the face. I have been researching everything I did not understand for years now. and I’ve come to the conclusion that we will never have all the answers. but it is good to keep learning. I have absolutely no tolerance for anybody that does not take responsibility for their own actions. I do believe in some sort of a creator but I do not worship it I do not believe in a personal God to me that is nothing more than placating to one’s ego. I will be shocked if anybody response to this. as it seems no one can see the big picture. lot of people think they have it all figured out. we will never have it figured out. I am an extreme survivalist that can survive through anything. I can fabricate things out of trash. looking to move into middle of nowhere to live at peace with nature. and leave the cesspool of confused humanity behind I am married and have my father who is also an extreme survivalists interested. as usual the problem boils down to money all I have is 10,000 so maybe looking for somebody that already has land that sees through the façade of the perceptual reality that is spoon fed to the masses. and has not lost all faith in humanity as I type this I am on the precipice of giving up on all of them and moving into the middle of the woods with just my family. please do not respond to this if you have not experienced pain or suffering in your life. if you do not understand the difference between love or lust. if you think there is any hope in politics . are associated in any way with any militia. are stupid enough to think you would have a chance fighting the powers that be. do not understand the importance of duality. is a drama queen or a psychic vampire if you do not know what this is look it up. I probably sound like a miserable person quite the contrary I just need to cut the cord and put some distance in between the things that make me miserable . I have an excellent sense of humor and am impossible to offend very down to earth. very loyal. have no problem with hard work as long as it’s accomplishing something meaningful in life. willing to go anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat as long as there are trees lots of trees. year-round stream would be perfect for hydroelectric. but it is not necessary systems I know how to build fix and maintain…. all solar / hydraulics/ agriculture/ aquaponics/ hydroponics/ hydroelectric/ organic chemistry/ rocket stoves/ geothermal/ wood chip fermentation heating and gasification/ basic medical setting bones and stitches/ all forms of mechanics/ / hunt fish and trap/ basic tactical defense skills/ AC and DC electric/ LED lighting systems/ computer is wireless Internet/ am not interested in setting any examples. I wasted a lot of my life trying to wake people up it got me nowhere. the few people that did wake up will argue and say I woke them up. but this is simply not the case. they had the predisposition to be awake and see through the matrix. it’s just the way it is some people care and some people do not. most people refuse to see the truth because then they will have to confront the truth about themselves. I’m assuming that anybody that understands what I’m talking about is not going to have much money because like me they never really cared about it. so maybe a couple of us can pool together and make a utopia predicated on unmitigated freedom and respect for our lives and this Earth. i him hoping that when the shit hits the fan. people that have exemplified the capability. to fall into the classifications of something other than a parasite. will be left alone during the depopulation process. this process is inevitable and extremely necessary. the fate of all living things on this planet depends upon it. so I guess this is the plan find a place to go and make it 100% self sustainable it’s actually really easy we can live like gods

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Don’t have time right now, but I will be back and I will answer your message, just letting you know in case you are coming back to check this thread, keep checking. :)

Wretha

Alrod53
    Participant

Hey Truthseeker, You sound a lot like my self, I have been beating my head against the wall tryin to get the message through to people only to be looked at like a nut.

Anyway we made the move 2 tears ago and got rid of our marine construction/dredging business headache.

Mow we are off of the grid on twenty eight acres in WV.

If you would like to join us let me know. We have pretty much the same skills and it sound like we think the same. My cell number is 304 904 2504 and email is a50panhead@aol.com

Jay
    Participant

Hey Truthseeker

I am a young man that has traveled the world and only realized what i was seeking when i got back home. I was seeking out people who thought like me. People who are not shallow, idiotic, reality tv junkies. I was seeking the kind of people who wanted to help one another rather than be selfish. The kind of people who are not afraid to ask for help or even the kind of community where you do not feel like you own somebody if you borrow their tools for an hour or feel like you cant ask them. This selfish one man society is a mess.

When the recession hit I was happy as I though it might bring people together but all I have seen is people fending more for themselves only. It made me lose what faith I had left in humanity. I am now here in the US at the beginning of another journey. I have decided to cut as much of this fake person society out so that i can prepare myself to move off grid once I have sufficient savings. Every cent is being focused on this and my partner does the same. I cannot wait until the time when I can do this but first I must build a community here so we can support each other in our endeavor to get off the grid. A friends family lives here and they are going to also.

If they could do it less than 100 years ago whats stopping us now ?

Dustoffer
    Participant

Good luck to all of you, getting off the grid, trying to build sustainable communities and be self-sufficient. Don’t be too hard on those who have a faith that is peaceful, and remember there are a lot out there who would take what you build and grow. Especially in the not too distant future of failing economies, oil crunch, food crunch, water crunch, and eventual collapse followed a few hundred years later by Anthropocene Thermal Maximum and species bottleneck for several hundred thousand years. May the strong, independent, intelligent types survive to a better world and sustainability in a million years or so. To our children’s children’s children, and those after, may they remember that there were those in the past who cared, about them, and about our biosphere.

elnav

I echo Dustoffer’s words and would add that his words “Don’t be too hard on those who have a faith that is peaceful” should be given consideration. Notwith standing the OP derogatory reference to religion, keep in mind that few man made communities exccept those built around some common theology has survived the test of time. It sounds like OP had a bad experience with some branch of a religious group. But don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

I too had a bad experience some 40 years ago that caused me to turn my back on the church but recent events have proved not all denominations are bad.

Small towns are more likely to have charitable and well meaning people willing to help each other that those living in proximity to big city contamination.

This is not a place for testimonials but check it out before condemning these people out of hand. That is simply perpetuating the vary prejudice and bigotry you seek to avoid by moving away from big cities and going off grid. Building sustainable communities is a delicate art. Only a few organizations know how to do it right so it perpetuates itself.

WrethaOffGrid
    Keymaster

Well, I’m back and ready to reply to Truthseeker. When I first read your message, my response was to try to defend against what you said about religion, I will say that after thinking about it and praying about it, it is clear that you have had some sort of (or perhaps lots of) bad or negative experiences with organized religion, and for that I am truly sorry. I too had trouble with religion, and to that I will say that religion is how “man” messed up the relationship with God, fortunately that is something I got past, yes I have deep faith and a wondrous and wonderful relationship with my Savior. Perhaps it’s easier for me because I have experienced death and I KNOW there is more after this body is gone, when I pass from this life I want to go back to that wonderful place so full of peace and love. I have experienced pain and suffering, I just don’t allow the negatives to define who I am or where I am going, the hard times made me a stronger person, as hard as things were for me, I wouldn’t change a thing, I happily stand here with a smile on my face with all the bumps and bruises that go with it (life).

I sincerely wish you would disregard what the world has done and is doing to your faith and turn back to God, things here on earth are not perfect, and for now, will not be, but this life here on earth isn’t what is important, it’s eternity that is, and the day will come, sooner or later when you will be standing before your Maker and you will answer for yourself. This is simple, accept the free gift that is Jesus, or don’t, it’s completely your choice and your responsibility, if you are reading this, then you have no one to blame for making the wrong choice but yourself.

I generally keep my personal beliefs to myself (though I’m getting better at being able to spread the good news), that is until someone says that I need to shoot myself in the face for my beliefs :)

You are clearly angry, or at the very least unhappy, it comes through loud and clear in the words you chose to write above, you have the choice to continue living in that state, or you can choose to be free, free from anger, free from the big rock that is weighing you down, I sincerely hope you make the right choice, it is your choice to make, your responsibility.

Wretha

Alrod53
    Participant

Truthseeker,

I don’t know how you think it is easy to live off the grid.

Unless you have a but load of money and have somebody else set everything up for you. Then it might be easy. There is a lot of planning and design work that goes into setting yourself up off the grid. Your dreaming if you think it’s easy.

I’m there. ALROD

EnoughIsEnough
    Participant

Truthseeker,

You are not alone. We are going through the same process, also with extremely limited funds. Also very disappointed in “modern life”. Please feel free to email me: wac6965@gmail.com

desert deb
    Participant

Life is what you make of it and what you take from it. If its not giving you what you need change it. Make it into what you need. i always felt that that was one of gods bigger lesson. To find happiness first you need to know what is most important to you then go an get it. We are all capable of at least that.

ujuhuc

I understand your feelings truthseeker647. If you need help you can always contact me. I am Tampa personal injury attorney and I can help also help you with your personal problems

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.