Media Workers and TV Researchers - Please seek permission before posting on this site or approaching individuals found here by phone or email - write to the Editor - mail to nick@off-grid.net

Home Forums General Discussion Let’s all say HI to kick off the New Year!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    WrethaOffGrid
    Participant

Let’s start the new year out with a bang, or at least a friendly HELLO… I’d like everyone here to reply, tell us a bit about yourself and your interests here, what drew you to this site, doesn’t matter if this is your first visit or you have been here forever, I’ll start.

pbandi

My name is Wretha, my hubby and I (along with our 2 dogs) live 100% off grid, we live on a mountain side, in the high desert of far west Texas. We are both empty nesters, our respective kids grown and out on their own, we are both grandparents.

We have lived here since Dec ’07 and love every minute of it. We did this very much on the cheap. Hubby is a DIY guy to the extreme, he can take a pile of junk and make the most interesting and useful thing out of it, he built everything on our property including our home, we lovingly refer to it as the sky castle.

PICT0566

I love living this way, this is something I wanted to do most of my life, I feel very fortunate to be able to live my dream, I’m also happy that we are still young enough and healthy enough to be able to do this.

PICT0580

We are not tree huggers, though we are interested in keeping our little piece of the world in as good a shape as possible, living green and having a small footprint is a happy by-product of how we live, but not the goal.

We are both born again Christians, belong to a wonderful local non-denominational church, I am blessed to be the music director in our church.

Some of my hobbies and interests are:
    cooking and baking from scratch,
    art related-drawing, painting, Zendoodling and such,
    gardening-organic,
    music-singing, playing piano,
    writing-blogging, creative writing,
    computers-internet, gaming, HTML,
    alternative medicine-herbs, supplements,
    reading-books, audiobooks,

there are probably a lot more things, but I’ll leave it at this for now.

So, here is it, you know a little about me, how about you? Tell us a bit about yourself. Add pictures if you wish but it is not necessary.

Wretha

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.